【148】

Packing up the necessary things from Taeyang and I's trailer, I felt as though our pace quickened as the sun began to go down. Maggie wanted us to slip out at night and hopefully go by unnoticed, time seeming to be a slowly closing window.

"I'm gonna go take this to the truck," Taeyang informs, holding his hand out for my bag.

I pass it to him, biting the inside of my lip before speaking, "Go ahead, I just.. I need to do something before we go."

"Do you need me?" he wonders.

"No, I'm okay," I assure, "Just need to.. say goodbye.. To them."

Taeyang understands at once, eyes softening as he reaches for a gentle kiss on my cheek, "If you're not there once we're done packing-"

"You'll come find me, yes, I know," I smile, brushing his bangs from his eyes.

With a mutual nod, we both leave the trailer, going opposite directions as I go to the clearing of graves.

Kneeling between Glenn and Jae's graves, I place either hand on each of them.

"Oppas.." I begin with a sigh, "We're going to be okay out there. Hopefully.. Hopefully we can visit soon. Maybe this will all heal with time.."

I brush my hands over the mounds before sighing and resting my hands in my lap.

"We'll take care of each other out there. We'll be safe and healthy.. I promise."

I bask in the silence of the darkness for a few seconds until someone clears their throat behind me.

"Paying respects?"

I turn my head, eyes locking on a taller man I didn't recognize.

"Brothers," I name, glancing back to the graves.

"Yeah, I know.. I remember number two getting his brains spilled on the ground."

My guard goes up immediately and I rush to stand, the tall man taking large, careful steps toward me.

"And I remember when I shot the one outside the truck. I remember seeing you scream his name," he recalls.

"Who are you?" I ask, hand inching to my knife.

"Me?" he laughs, "My friends call me Justin.. But, I still answer to 'Negan'."

I step backwards, weary of the large man that was at least double my size.

"You remember that day, right? You should know who I am."

"You killed Jae?" I clarify.

"Simon sent out a team to see if the rumors of Negan's death were true.. Didn't anticipate to run into your lot on the road there."

"You killed my brother?" I ask again, grasping my knife.

"Then, I went to the Sanctuary and saw that you killed my leader.. It was only fair, don't you think? Eye for an eye and all that."

Only knowing that Jae was killed by a Savior was hard enough.. Not knowing who it was to deliver those shots was pain embodied. And yet, Jae's killer stood in front of me.

"So, what? You're the one that found Negan's body?"

"I was," Justin nods, "A messy sight you left us, really. Even left that picture for us to know who did it. You may as well have written your name in his blood."

When I'd killed Negan, I was so exhausted from the fight that I'd left the picture of Glenn's body there.. Then the Saviors found it, and used it against me once again now. The picture, the broken pieces of Lucille, everything that was left in that room- they'd found.

On the way to the sight, they found us.. And they killed Jae. Justin killed Jae. Then, they used the remains of the fight to torment me.

I pull my knife from my holster, holding it in front of me as I feel my jaw lock in anger.

Justin laughs, pointing his finger at me as though scolding a child.

"You.. You really are something, you know?" he remarks.

The trees rustle behind me and I spin around quickly to jab at the person, only to see three heading my way. I slice the knife at one man's leg, kicking him away as one of the others grabs my hair and jerks me backwards. When he doesn't release, the third man takes advantage by punching at my stab wound. I gasp out in pain, feeling the stitches reopen.

Jerking my knife up, I cut my own hair off to be free of the man's grasp. Kicking the other man back, I slice the knife towards him as he stumbles backwards. Justin suddenly rushes in, backhanding me across the face. 

As I fall, I fall onto Glenn's grave. Justin stomps over, grabbing the back of my shirt but keeping my face to Glenn's grave.

"Wanna join your big brother?" he hisses, "Well, be my guest."

With a sudden kick to my head, things only go black.

--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

hi this is v short

work+sick+writers block is NOT a good combination :')

MY BIRTHDAY IS IN AN HOUR OR SO 🎉🎉