39: Non compos mentis

Sorry due to personal reasons, I was inactive for a while. Hope y'all forgive me *nervous smile*

 Hope y'all forgive me *nervous smile*

Author •

Vikram clenched his fist in reflex, as his eyes landed on an evil, cunning sly fox that was planning to prey on an innocent rabbit. 

A beautiful rabbit indeed, the tiniest atom in his heart silently agreed. 

His mind was wandering elsewhere, calculating a million things that were confusing him, though it was right in front of him, crystal clear.

The cunning, sly fox had a calm smile on its face, though it had no good intentions for the rabbit under it's mask.

Vikram let out a long sigh of despair, as he took a step forward to snatch away the rabbit from those prying eyes.

"Suhana, you are undoubtedly the stupidest person ever! Like ever!!" Suhana rambled to herself, as she was furiously rubbing her palms together.

The climate was freezing and she could literally feel the sudden drop in the temperature with every second passing by since yesterday. And she couldn't stop cursing herself for forgetting to bring a jacket.

"Huh! What is he doing here?" Suhana mumbled to herself as she saw Vikram approaching him.

"Huh? Good mor--- " Suhana gasped as Vikram quickly grabbed her hand, pulling her a bit away from her camping tent area.

"Are you crazy? Why did you drag me here?" Suhana pulled her hand back from his, as she was gaping at him confused. 

"Are you on a hunger strike? Planning to starve for all 10 days?" Vikram asked in a cold tone.

"Huh? Vikram--I think you dropped it there" Suhana pointed her finger behind his shoulder.

"Dropped what?" Vikram turned back gazing at the pathway they had walked through, trying to find out what she was referring to.

"Your brain! It must be lying somewhere over there." Suhana replied coolly, as she rubbed her palm furiously, as Vikram turned back and gaped at her, cluelessly.

"Stop staring at me like that!" Suhana quickly detached her eyes away from his.

"Everyone had their breakfast! What were you doing there---huh--either you should have your breakfast or stay inside your tent. Why were you standing outside--"

"Can you please come straight to the point?" Suhana sighed away, as she remembered that he never apologized for his not-so-sweet behavior. 

Vikram's mouth stood hanging halfway, confused, as she abruptly stopped him in between. 

"Huh! Go have your breakfast now, or else eat sand later! Who cares!" Vikram sighed and turned away to leave.

"Thanks for your concern Mr.Narcissist, I appreciate it" Suhana raised her voice from behind, as she hastened forward to reach Vikram's pace.