Chapter 4: A Whole New World

We arrived later that night at Hogsmeade station. I stepped off the Hogwarts Express, and I saw the beautiful school, perched atop the hill. 

Hogwarts. The school I had been yearning to go to since I was a child. It was glorious sight. The castle was huge, with towers that touched the sky, and many fiery windows, that added a glow to it. Topped with the beautiful night sky, Hogwarts was splendid indeed.

I'd been instructed by the Headmaster himself, to take the boats with the first years to the school, so I could get sorted. 

I heard a man yell. "Firs' years, this way!" On cue, I headed toward a very tall, bearded, happy faced man, holding a lantern. "Follow me to the lake!" He shouted. 

We all walked behind him. I saw a few of the others give me glances, and I knew I was the odd one out.

We sat in small, wooden boats. Once we were all seated, they magically started gliding across the water, taking us to the school. I was anxious and scared so my hair changed to a light orange, reflecting my mood. 

We slowly made our way into the school, and awaited before the doors to the Great Hall. Many thoughts were running through my head, that I felt like I was going to burst any second. I wanted to be sorted into Gryffindor, but I didn't feel so sure about it now. 

Soon, we were approached by a witch wearing a pointed, black witch's hat, in emerald green robes, and hair put in a tight bun. "Welcome to Hogwarts, my name is Professor McGonagall." she said. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. Now follow me into the Great Hall." 

I gulped and followed her along with the others. Although, I forgot all my worries right when I stepped in. 

It was the most beautiful scene. Four, long house tables filled the space, with students seated at each. Many candles floated above, lighting up the Great Hall. I smiled to myself because I was reminded of how bright everything was, whenever I celebrated Christmas with my Mum. The ceiling was enchanted to mirror the sky outside. 

The spell on me was broken when I heard a voice starting to call names out. I realized the sorting ceremony had begun. My hair switched back to the light shade of orange, which I hadn't realized had turned colors until now. I shut my eyes tightly, breathing in and out, to calm my racing heart. My hands were clenched into fists, and my head swarmed with millions of thoughts once more.

 My eyes finally opened, when I heard a voice yell, 

"Black, Rubina!"

I know nothing that's really new, but it should get a bit more interesting from the next chapter! :) Hopefully it's not boring!

Mini-Padfoot