Chapter 35: Aunt and Nephew

"Dursley."

Petunia Dursley's face turned pale as she encountered a face of the past, someone she knew who was close to her sister, someone she had assumed was dead.

"Potter, what are you doing here?"

Rubina Black had never seen her mother behave in a manner such as this. Fiona Black née Potter wore a cold look on her face while conversing with Petunia Dursley. She held herself with an attitude that showed what she could do.

"I'm here to meet my nephew, of course."

"We are not allowing more freaks such as yourself into our house!" A voice hollered and from behind came Vernon Dursley. "It's more than enough that we took him into our house, we will not allow others like him to be visiting our house! It's not our fault his parents got themselves blown up-"

Petunia gasped as Vernon Dursley's face turned white as chalk with horror. Rubi watched the scene in amusement. Fiona had her wand directly at Vernon's throat, her face displaying anger.

"Don't you dare insult my brother and my best friend in front of me! And if I get even one more complaint of Harry not being treated properly, I won't hesitate to use this!"

The Dursleys' backed away in fear.

"Rubi!"

Harry had come down hearing the commotion only to find one of his friends and a woman whom he did not know, along with his frightened aunt and uncle.

"Harry!" The said girl exclaimed before brushing past her mother and embracing her cousin.

"How're you doing, Harold?"

Harry made a face. "Can you please stop calling me that?"

"Nope!" Rubi replied with a grin.

"Harry."

The atmosphere turned quiet and tense. As soon as Fiona's eyes had landed on her nephew, she felt her breath catch in her throat. It was as if she was seeing her twin again, as if he was truly there with her. She mistook Harry for her brother, James. Although when the two locked eyes, the eyes that stared back into Fiona's chocolate ones were emerald green. She knew those eyes, they were the ones that had belonged to her best friend, one of the five girls that had formed a bond unlike any other many years ago at Hogwarts. It felt as if Lily Potter was staring back at her. Fiona shook her head and blinked back her tears.

Rubi jerked her head pointing to the outside to which Fiona understood and gestured for Harry to follow, who didn't move until he received a push from Rubina who shooed him away. Harry walked out and shut the front door, an uncomfortable silence washed over. Fiona was anxious and scared. She wouldn't be surprised if Harry yelled at her for not taking him in, for not having contacted him for years, for not having even revealed that he had another aunt apart from his mother's sister.

"Happy birthday, Harry."

And as she said that, Fiona's mind replayed the scenes from the day when the young Potter had been born, and how happy Lily and James were. How Sirius kept saying he would spoil his godson. How Remus was afraid of holding the baby, which had made the husband and wife come to a decision for their own child that would be born shortly after.

"Why are you back now?" Harry asked. He didn't say it in anger, more to ask why he wasn't allowed to even know the existence of the family on his dad's side.

Fiona took a breath and let her eyes wander around the neighbourhood, "Because since you already know, there is no point in hiding. Dumbledore said I couldn't take you in, and we were forbidden to visit you due to the Dursleys' conditions and the fact you want to stay with us." She paused. "But since the truth is out in the open, and you're not a young child to whine about things, it would be ideal to see you every now and then, at least you won't feel like all of your family is bad." She said referring to the Dursleys and their treatment of Harry.