Chapter 2: An Encounter With A Stranger

I found a compartment to myself, and I sat by the window, watching the landscape change. A few minutes later, I heard the compartment door slide open, to find two red-haired twins looking at me.

"Hi, do you mind if we sit here? Everywhere else is full." The first one asked. I nodded in response.

"Thanks. Hey George, go find Lee he's probably on the other side of the train looking for a compartment." He added.

The other twin left, while the first one came in and sat across from me.

I started shifting uncomfortably in my seat, as I don't act naturally in front of strangers. I also seem to have a problem with being able to deny, like how I agreed to let strangers sit with me. I threw a quick glance at him, and he seemed to have noticed my uneasiness but didn't say anything.

"My name's Fred Weasley, the best and most handsome prankster at your service." He grinned while he bowed down, causing me to giggle, but then I felt my face go pink, so I became quiet again.

"My name is Rubina." I answered in a low voice. 

We sat in silence for some time, but then the door opened once again. The other twin was back but this time with a black-haired boy, right behind him. The twins sat on the other seat, while the third boy sat beside me.

"My name is George Weasley." The second twin said.

"And, my name is Lee Jordan." The boy beside me said and he held out his hand, which I took hesitantly and shook.

"My name is Rubina." I replied with a gentle smile that crept across my face.

"Rubina, what?" George asked.

The smile vanished immediately. I didn't want to reveal my last name to others ever since the news came out in the summer, but I had no choice since he'd asked.

"Black. Rubina Black." I said quietly, looking down. I glanced at them, and the three boys shared a look, and I could feel them about to ask me the question I feared the most.

"Black? As in the same last name as the mass murderer, Sirius Black who just escaped Azkaban?" George exclaimed. "You aren't related to him by any chance, are you?"

I shook my head, letting my gaze fall on the ground. From the corner of my eye, I could see Fred giving George a glare. 

"Anyways, I don't think I've seen you before. You're a first year?" Fred questioned.

I looked at him before saying, "It's my first year at Hogwarts actually, but I'm going to start as a third year, seeing as I was home-schooled for the first two years. I'm not sure why Mum didn't allow me to attend but she finally agreed." 

It looked like George was going to ask more questions, but was silenced by the look his brother gave. I gazed out the window once again.

"Did you dye your hair purple?" I heard Lee question me. I looked back into the compartment.

"No. I-I'm a Metamorphmagus, actually." I saw amazement and wonder wash over their faces.

"So you're telling me, you can change your appearance?" George asked loudly, looking like he was going to jump off his seat.

"Yes, I can." I answered back, the smile back on my face.

"Man, if I was a Metamorphmagus, Mum would be able to tell us apart, because I would turn my hair yellow or green. Or maybe have a pig snout, or maybe a claw for a hand, man that would scare her, imagine all the pranks. And if she still couldn't tell us apart, then there's something seriously wrong with her. Ain't I right, Fred?" He exclaimed and I giggled. 

"Yeah you're right, although I think there's something already wrong with her, seeing the way she screams at us all the time." We all chuckled. 

"By the way, what is your actual hair color?" Fred asked, and I was taken aback. 

"It's black, but I like to play around with the colors for special days mostly." I immediately regretted the last part, and I felt my hair switch colors. 

"Whoa, your hair color just switched to pink. Was that on purpose?" Fred asked with a grin. 

I just shook my head in response and once again turned towards the window. I didn't want to tell them that my hair color could change based on my emotions, one of the disadvantages of being a Metamorphmagus, as the hair colors give away your feelings to others rather quickly.

"Anyways, Lee. Have you gotten any ideas for pranks for this year? George and I have loads."

I turned my face again towards them, only to shake it and turn back. I love pranks, but it didn't seem right to start discussing with the people I just met. It's not like we're friends. 

Hopefully that was a better chapter! :)

Mini-Padfoot