Chapter 19: The Tragic Truth

"The war was getting worse and we received terrible news. Dumbledore alerted us that we, along with James, Lily and Harry, were being hunted by Voldemort himself." My head snapped up, as I clapped a hand to my mouth in shock.

"Dumbledore suggested the Fidelius Charm to protect the two families. Sirius became the Secret Keeper. I was scared, for us, especially for Sirius since he was chosen as the Secret Keeper. I tried offering myself as the Secret Keeper but James refused immediately. Therefore, Sirius was made the Secret Keeper for both the Potters and us, the Blacks." She started sobbing. "The night of Hallowe'en, Sirius went out of the house saying he'll be back soon. I told him not to, but he gave me a reassuring kiss and left." She sobbed harder.

Fiona's Flashback

The door creaked open. I stood up at once, wand in hand as I cautiously proceeded towards the door, only to lower my wand as relief washed over me upon seeing my husband, Sirius. I lunged at him, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Oh my goodness! I was worried sick!" I slowly released him, and gestured for him to follow as I led the way into the living room. The only sound was the laughter of the bubbly, rosy-cheeked, child, named Rubina.

I smiled and I turned around to face Sirius, only to be met with his wand dangerously close to my face, wiping the smile off  my lips completely.

"Move aside." He growled with a sinister look. I knew something wasn't right.

"Wh-what?"

"Hand over the child."

"What? Why?"

"I need to fulfill my Master's request to kill her, if you won't move, I'll kill you both." My eyes widened in shock.

"This isn't you. You can't kill us." I spread my arms out protectively. A cold, horrible bark of laughter escaped Sirius.

"You think I ever loved you or that child?" The world came crashing down after he said those words.

"The Dark Lord has ordered me to kill the child, move aside before I kill you too."

"No!" I screamed. "I won't let you!" Seizing the chance, my fist immediately went to his face before he could react, and I turned to pick up Rubina. The adorable girl was now crying due to the sudden change of events. It pained me to hurt Sirius but if he was ready to kill, I was ready to protect at all costs. As I spun back, I saw Sirius regaining himself, I pointed my wand at him and cried "Stupefy!" He jumped out of the spell's way but not fast enough, the red light grazed his left shoulder, stunning him for a few moments. Not sparing a second, I rushed towards the door and out, wand in hand, with Rubina clenched tightly against my chest. I disapparated.

Rubina's Point Of View

I wept as my Mum recounted the incident of the horrific night.

"I went to Hogwarts to see Dumbledore at once. He looked pale but listened to my problem anyways. Afterwards, he broke the news that James and Lily had been killed by Voldemort and Harry survived." She closed her eyes. "I was broken, traumatized." She opened her eyes as she wailed again. "The love of my life had become my enemy, my brother." My eyes widen at that word, as the gears turned in my head. "And my best friend were dead, and my only nephew was forced to live with the horrible Dursleys." It clicked. I instantly stood up and moved towards my shattered mother, and knelt in front of her.

"Are you saying that Lily and James Potter were my Aunt and Uncle, and that Harry Potter is my cousin?" I asked with disbelief. My mother peered into my eyes.

"Yes. James was my twin brother and Lily was my best friend at Hogwarts. I was devastated upon learning that they were killed. I tried to convince Dumbledore to let Harry stay with us, but after listening to reason I knew it was for the best." She was sobbing uncontrollably once more. "I tried to cut off the Wizarding World, minimize the contact because I wanted to protect you from the truth. I was hoping to home-school you so you wouldn't attend Hogwarts, so that when you and Harry were ready, I'd reveal the whole truth myself. Dumbledore had assured me from time to time, but I wouldn't listen." She sighed. "Dumbledore told me that none of the teachers will tell you the truth, but I still wasn't sure, afraid you may hear something while at school. This time, when he visited me, he told me that Remus Lupin was teaching at Hogwarts. Knowing Remus, I felt better but I was still hesitant. Dumbledore promised me only that I would choose when to reveal the truth. I finally gave in, seeing that the best way for you to learn is at Hogwarts."

"I'm glad you let me attend, and I do like Professor Lupin, but whenever someone insults him, I don't know why but I get angry and stick up for him as if I already know him from before." I told her.

 My mum slightly smiled. "Well the reason you may feel that way is because he's your Godfather." I looked up with surprise and joy.

"Really?" I uttered with disbelief.

"Really." She said with a smile.

Hey!

Sooooo, more secrets of the past have been revealed!! Please let me know what you think!! Also, I already have this planned out but I keep debating on it, who should be the older twin, James or Fiona? 

Also, anyone in particular for the Godmother? 

Also, if you haven't already, please if you can, take a few minutes out of your day to read the prologue of my new book "Blood Traitor's Daughter."

Let me know what you think of this story, because feedback and ideas for upcoming plot help shape the story more nicely!! 

Have a good day Potterheads!! :)

Mini-Padfoot