Chapter 9: A Connection

A few days had passed since the incident with Malfoy. We had Potions with Snape before, and now we were in the staff-room with Professor Lupin, for our first practical lesson. In front of the class was an old wardrobe, which jolted all of a sudden, starling a few as they jumped.

"Nothing to worry about, it's just a Boggart, they like dark, enclosed shapes. Now, may someone answer my question on what is a Boggart?"

To no one's surprise, Hermione's hand shot straight into the air, but I knew the answer too, so I raised my hand. Professor Lupin first looked at Hermione, but seeing my hand his gaze landed on me. He looked at me in a peculiar way, before asking me.

"Miss.Black, is it?" He asked. I nodded before saying,

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. It will take shape of whatever a certain individual fears the most."

"Couldn't have put it better myself. You have to force it to become something you find amusing, and add a good laugh to finish it off. Now let me teach you the spell to counter a Boggart. Repeat after me, Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!"

"Good! Now Neville, come here." He said, beckoning Neville forward. He whispered something into Neville's ear, before Lupin pulled out his wand and jet of light shot towards the wardrobe, opening it. Out came Professor Snape, I sniggered. Snape was making his way towards Neville, when there was a cry.

"Riddikulus!" In a flash, Snape was wearing a vulture topped hat, with a long green dress and a bright red handbag in his hand.

	The class burst out into laughter, as we formed a line facing the Boggart, one by one

The class burst out into laughter, as we formed a line facing the Boggart, one by one. As the line in front of me shortened, I became a bit nervous, on how the class would react seeing my fear.

Sooner than I'd hoped, it was my turn. The laughter died out once again, and the Boggart started changing it's form. Before I could process what was happening, there stood a man in front of me. He was wearing shaggy robes, had messy, black hair that reached just above his shoulders, and his face was pale.

The Boggart assumed the form of none other than Sirius Black.

The class gasped. I raised my wand, my hand starting to shake. Sirius started taking steps towards me.

"We're family. You're related to me Rubina." It said. My voice shook as I spoke.

"N-no, we're-we're not." I said quietly. My vision was starting to blur, tears were threatening to fall.

"No Rubina. We're related. You're related to me, Sirius Black. A mass murderer."

I couldn't take it any more, so I mustered up the remaining energy in me, and yelled.

"Riddikulus!" Sirius Black was replaced with a dog chasing its tail, running around in circles. I looked around to see Professor Lupin staring at me, with pure shock on his face. It looked like he wanted to say something, but thought better not to. I smiled looking at the dog, before turning back.