Chapter 11: A New Friend

Everyone gasped. I felt all eyes on me, all probably assuming I aided Black in attempting to break in. Next thing I know, my head was resting on Fred's chest, as he pulled me into a embrace, his arms wrapped around me, to comfort. I instantly relaxed by a milestone in his arms. We pulled apart, as we were instructed to proceed into the Great Hall. Although we had broken out of the hug, Fred didn't leave my hand and I couldn't help but allow a small smile make its way onto my face out of appreciation.

***

The Great Hall was packed with students, because the castle had to be searched for Black. Dumbledore had magicked up sleeping bags with a swish of his wand. The twins, Lee, Angelina, Alicia and I had taken a corner. Angelina and Alicia are good friends with the twins, so usually I'll find myself talking with them.

Fred hadn't left my side, knowing how I was dealing with the situation. Although, I had eased, and I'd managed to regain myself.

We were whispering amongst ourselves, just like everyone else who all were pretending to be asleep.

"How could he have gotten past the Dementors?" Angelina wondered.

"Not a surprise. He did it once, why not again?" I hissed.

"But why was he trying to break into Gryffindor tower?" Alicia questioned.

"Who knows, but luckily no one was around because he could have injured them." George said.

"If he's gotten into Hogwarts, does that mean he's still lurking around here somewhere?" Lee asked.

"Dunno, but he could be for all we know." I replied.

"I'm surprised he got away, I would have thought he'd have got caught at Hog-" Fred broke off, as the doors to the Great Hall opened yet again. This time, it was Dumbledore who had arrived. He approached Percy, who was shushing people and patrolling around with his chest puffed out.

"Any sign of him, Professor?"

"No. All well here?" Dumbledore asked.

"Everything under control, sir." Percy said.

"Good. There's no point moving them all now. I've found a temporary guardian for the Gryffindor portrait hole. You'll be able to move them back in tomorrow."

The rest of the conversation didn't reach my ears, because the sound of a million thoughts drifting through my mind made it so. Although, my ears perked up when I heard Snape discussing what seemed to be a more secretive topic.

"It seems - almost impossible - that Black could have entered the school without inside help. I did express my concern when you appointed-"

"I do not believe a single person inside the castle would have helped Black enter it." said Dumbledore.

"But sir, should Potter and Black be war-"

"No Severus, not at the moment." His stern voice made it clear that this discussion was closed.

"I must go down to the Dementors. I said I would inform them when our search was complete."

I heard Percy's voice pipe up, but I was too shocked to listen anymore. My eyes had widened to the size of saucers at the mention of my name and Harry's.

What could possibly include the two of us?

A hand intertwined with mine's. Broken out of my thoughts once more, I gazed into Fred's warm, brown eyes.

"I know what you're thinking love. Forget it for now, and go to sleep." I smiled at him. He gently stroked my hair until I was fast asleep.

***