Chapter 38: Late Night Secrets

The next few days were one of the best ones for Rubi. Although she grew up the muggle way and did get to play with other kids, some part of her life was still locked up, but after being allowed to go to Hogwarts and being able to spend days at a Wizarding household with her friends, she felt super happy, feeling as if she finally had gained all the freedom.

It was another wonderful evening. Rubi was sitting upon the grass, admiring the colorful sky as the sun bid a farewell to the day once again. Her eyes twinkled as she gazed above her, letting out a sigh. She didn't realize it, but a new presence joined her.

"Hot chocolate?" Fred said, making the girl slightly jump.

Rubi eagerly nodded and took the cup. She took a sip before her face scrunched up in disgust and she spit it all out. Fred burst out laughing.

"You monster! How could you ruin such a sweet taste of paradise by adding... whatever you added?!" Rubi cried out, appalled.

"Love, I thought you would know by now to not accept anything to consume from me but clearly Miss. Black hasn't learnt her lesson." Fred said with a smirk. Although he pulled something out of his pocket, "Here's real chocolate." He said, placing the chocolate bar in Rubi's hand who looked at it suspiciously. "It's safe to eat, trust me." Fred seriously said, and Rubi nodded as the tone of his voice made her believe so.

Fred watched as Rubi took a bite, her eyes closing for a brief second as she savored the sweetness, before opening them and looking at the sky once again, placing her head on her knees. Fred loved to see the relaxed and content expression on the girl he harbored feelings for.

The breeze blew, sending a few strands over Rubi's face. Fred leaned forth and tucked them behind her ear, making the girl look at him. Rubina felt herself getting lost in those chocolate colored eyes.

It was just the two of them in a beautiful and calm place. It felt just right. Fred leaned forward slightly.

"I wanted to say that," He gulped, "I-"

"WATER FIGHT!" George yelled coming out of nowhere and drenching Rubi and Fred with water balloons.

"Oh no." Rubi said, standing up and groaning, "I hate wet clothes." Muttering under her breath, she went back into the Burrow, while Fred turned back to George with the deadliest glare.

"What was that for?!"

"It's called a prank, Fredrick-"

"I know that too!" Fred yelled, "But you just ruined the chance, I was going to tell her."

"Oh." George quietened down, looking guilty. "Sorry." Fred shook his head, kicking a pebble in frustration.

***

Later that same night, everyone was now asleep in their rooms. Everyone except the girls.

"So, let's just talk." Ginny said, earning a reply from Rubi who said,

"Well we already are since you wouldn't shut up and let us sleep, Ginevra."

"Well says the person that didn't let us sleep a few days ago for the same reason, Rubina."

"OK, you can stop by calling each other by your full first names please." Hermione said, exasperated.

"Well, what do you want to talk about?" Rubi asked, twirling a piece of her hair as she laid on her stomach on her mattress.

Ginny cracked a mischievous smile, "How about the fact that you fancy my brother?"

Rubi's head snapped up so fast she could have broken a bone, "What are you saying?" She asked, bewildered.