Chapter 20: He's Just A Friend

The rest of the break went by wonderfully. I became mute on the topic of my Father, Sirius Black, for the sake of my Mother. I was beyond disgusted and broken to be his daughter. To be the daughter of the man who killed innocents and never was true to any of his relationships.

I bottled up my emotions so as not to weaken my Mum again, as she was back to her lovable and happy self once more. The break ended rather quickly and I was soon at Hogwarts, my second home.

I was steadily recovering from the life-changing truth, but those mixed emotions stayed put.

Nonetheless, the twins and I were up and about causing mischief. It was late in the evening and to diffuse our boredom, we threw a dungbomb into Filch's office with Filch inside. My robes billowed behind me as we were running with full speed, as Filch was right on our tails. We split at the end of the corridor, with George going one way, while Fred followed me the other way. Once, we'd finally lost sight of him, we burst out laughing. I collapsed into Fred's arms as my laughter droned on. After a while, I turned to look up at him, who was staring at me with a smile. I slowly leaned away and snapped a finger in front of him.

"What are you looking at Mr.Weasley?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Your laugh." I pouted.

"What about my laugh exactly?"

"It's-"

"Shh!" I put a finger to his lips to silence him as footsteps grew louder by the second. On contact, my body felt different, my hand was tingling and my stomach seemed to have butterflies in it. I quickly retreated my hand and turned to look the other way to cover up the blush that was creeping up onto my cheeks.

"Let's go, I think Filch is coming this way. By the way, can we go to the kitchens? You've never taken me there plus I'm hungry."

"Sure, love. This way." He grabbed my hand, and the same sensation filled me up once again. He led me down the corridor towards and down a staircase. Fred stopped in front of a portrait of a bowl with colourful fruit.

"Freddie, why are we - Oh!" I exclaimed as the pear giggled when Fred tickled it, revealing a green doorknob. Twisting it, Fred pushed the secret door open all the while pulling me along. I was in awe with the secret entrance, but then again this is a magical world, where almost anything is possible. Following along with a stupid grin on my face, we reached a clearing.

There were short creatures, with dirty rags almost, bustling around. Five round tables were lined, like the tables up in the Great Hall. Pans and pots covered up the walls of the kitchen, while a warm fireplace lit up the whole room, binding it altogether.

I felt a nudge from Fred, who was smirking.

"This is amazing. But um, who are they?" I gestured towards the small creatures, who were eyeing us curiously.

"These are the House-elves, they prepare the food. Oh look, there comes my favourite House-elf." Following Fred's gaze, I saw a little, joyful House-elf with grey-ish blue eyes, bobbing his way towards us.

"What can Blinky do for Master Weasley?" I raised an eyebrow at Fred, who chuckled.

"I'll take a Butterbeer, and what will the lady like?" Fred asked dramatically. I rolled my eyes.

"A hot chocolate with a donut please." Fred snorted and I shot him a glare.

"As Master Weasley and his lady friend wish." Blinky said with a bow.

"What were you laughing at?" I asked Fred as I playfully smacked his shoulder.

"You eat too much sugar." I pretended to look offended.

"You can never have too much sugar, besides we've been friends for over six months, and you notice this now?"

"I'm just teasing you, love." My hair turned slightly pink. Although he's been calling me love since October, I tend to blush ever so slightly at times.

"Why are you blushing Rubi?"

"What do you mean?" I asked while maintaining a straight face but failing.

"You do realize I've figured out that the different colours of your hair represent different emotions, right?" I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Wh-what?" I touched my hair, which had turned a slight shade of pink near the tips.

"Yeah. Pink is when you're embarrassed or flattered. Grey means confused. Yellow is happy while blue is sad. Green means jealous, white means shocked, worried or scared, and obviously red means anger. I've still got to figure out the others though, maybe I'll take the liberty of searching through a book." He said with a grin, while I stood with my mouth slightly ajar. He chuckled. "Come on, let's sit by the fireplace." Throughout our conversation we had not sensed the return of the House-elf, Blinky, who patiently waited for us to complete as he observed us with amusement.

"Here is your food, Master Weasley."

"Thank you Blinky."

"My pleasure."

"Also, I've told you many times to call me Fred."

"I will try to do so Sir." With a final bow, he was gone, as I lightly laughed at how Blinky switched "Master" with "Sir."

I dropped to the space on the floor with Fred by my side. We ate in silence, enjoying the warmth and peace.

Eventually, I leaned my head onto his shoulder and closed my eyes. He in turn put his head on top of mine as we huddled together. In that moment, I realized something. Carefully removing my head, I gazed into his warm, loving, brown eyes.

"Fred, I have to tell you something." 

Hey!

So here's the next chapter, and please do forgive me because I suck at writing the humor and flirting scenes and dialogue. Please do let me know how this chapter was though because I really like reading the comments! Remember to vote as well!

Question: 

Who is your favorite House-elf?

I would say Dobby and second would be Kreacher, even if he started off rough, Kreacher did warm up afterwards.

I'm going to get back to writing some more. I'm almost at the part where Sirius breaks into Gryffindor Tower but fails his mission of killing Peter. (UGH, WHY DID RON HAVE TO WAKE UP!?!?) 

Have a good day! :)

Mini-Padfoot