Chapter 6: The First Day Of Classes

I woke up only to see the dormitory dark as ever. I took out my pocket watch only to discover that I'd woken up at six-thirty in the morning. Groaning to myself, I decided to quietly get dressed for the day ahead. I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower, brush my teeth and put on my Gryffindor robes. Afterwards, I stared at my relfection in the mirror. My wavy black hair was messy and wet, while my piercing grey eyes looked alive despite my tiredness. Thankfully, being a metamorphmagus always quickened my morning routine. I left my hair in its natural form, letting it fall open till just above the half way point on my back, while quickly performing a drying charm Mum had taught me.

I tiptoed silently through the dormitory and I went into the common room carefully, avoiding the pranks I'd set up the night before. I threw myself onto the armchair and waited until the clock struck eight, before heading into the Great Hall for breakfast.

However, a few early birds got caught in my traps! I laughed my head off, looking at them struggling to break free, or screaming and shouting here and there. Covered in slime, or getting chased by birds, their shrieks woke up everyone in Gryffindor Tower, and even the Weasley twins became victims, as they slipped down an oily step on the stairs and right into a huge pie which was invisible until now, awaiting for the target to hit. 

When the twins stood back up, shocked by what had just happened, I laughed even harder looking at their faces covered in cream, as I fell onto the ground, clenching my stomach, which was now hurting from laughing constantly for the past five minutes. 

In my fit of laughter, I hadn't seen the twins walk toward me and glare. Once I noticed their shadows, I managed to calm myself down and stand up to face them. I tried holding back a snort, seeing them shooting daggers at me with their eyes. 

"We would have never suspected you to do something like this!" Fred yelled loudly at me, causing heads to turn. 

"Especially on the first day and it's not just one prank, we were bombarded by them!" George added. 

"Well, it wasn't me, I just came here to wait for the right time to go down as I couldn't sleep. You seriously can't expect me to do all this?" I replied, gesturing at the mess and chaos in the common room. "I think some first years may be giving you competition." I whispered and I turned on my heels, and exited through the portrait hole to go down for breakfast, as the twins
shared a look, thoroughly not convinced by my answer. 

*** 

Although I sat alone by myself, I enjoyed my breakfast due to the fact of my troublesome plot's success! I sniggered when I watched a fellow Gryffindors pass by, looking dazed by the eventful morning, until when the twins and Lee Jordan showed up. I managed to hold a straight face.
I expected them to find a spot by themselves, but they surprised me by sitting around me. 

"Enjoying breakfast, are we?" Fred said, as he sat down beside me. 

"Yeah, the jitteriness is gone so I'm feeling much better today." I smiled back. 

"Oh okay, or is it because of all those pranks you set up?" 

I turned to stare at him directly in the eyes. 

"I didn't set them up, you seriously expect a shy girl like me to do all that?!" I exclaimed, rather loudly. 

"Well, Fred does have a point." George chimed in, causing me to shoot him a look. "How come you didn't get caught in any of them? I mean you said you were waiting for breakfast, how did you manage to not trigger any of them?" 

I stared back at him, lost for words, but I had to act quick or I would blow my cover.
"I-I um, well, there was nothing there when I came down. I might have dozed off for a bit. By the time I woke up, there were already a few people awake. It must have been one of them." I explained, but I hoped my slightly grey hair didn't give me away.