Chapter 23: The News

Ravenclaw played Slytherin a week after the start of term. Slytherin won, and if Gryffindor beat Ravenclaw, we'd be second place, meaning we would still have a shot in claiming the Quidditch Cup.

As of now, I'm doing surprisingly well in my Patronus lessons with Remus. Harry, on the other hand, experiencing some difficulty, looked deflated. My godfather tried to lighten him up.

"But you've achieved a great deal in a very short span of time. If the Dementors put in an appearance at your next Quidditch match, you'll be able to keep them at bay long enough to get back to the ground.

Harry only sighed in frustration, earning a light chuckle from me. "You're doing just great Harry."

"But you've made more progress than me!" Harry exclaimed.

I only shook my head, "Aah, but I haven't mastered the Patronus Charm, have I?" This eased him somewhat.

"Here -" Remus said as he pulled open his briefcase, "Something from the Three Broomsticks, that you Harry, haven't tried -" He pulled out three bottles of,

"Butterbeer!" I cleared my throat. Harry understood the signal, "Ron and Hermione brought it back." I grinned at Harry, trying to hold in my laughter.

Remus looked a little suspicious but disregarded it nonetheless. "Let's drink to a Gryffindor victory against Ravenclaw." said Remus. "Not that I'm supposed to take sides as a teacher." he added in quickly. I sniggered only to earn a look from him. I immediately shut my mouth and pretended to lock it and throw the key away, causing Lupin to smile whilst shaking his head lightly.

I dove into my own thoughts rather quickly afterwards, about the Firebolt, the Dementors, our pranks and Fred. How's he so supportive, loving, always making me laugh.

Man, he is very good looking.

The last thought jerked me back to reality, as my cheeks flushed a light pink, as I realized where I might have headed with that particular thought. I returned back into the conversation.

"What - they kill?" Confusion washed over my face, and I listened intently to get an understanding of what the two were conversing about.

"Oh no. Much worse than that. You can exist without your soul, as long as your brain and heart work..." I shuddered at the mere thought of living on without a soul.

"It's the fate that awaits Sirius Black." I choked on my Butterbeer, causing me to go into a coughing fit.

"Are you alright?" asked Harry.

"Yeah." I said as I gasped for air, while glancing at Remus who looked concerned while bearing pity in his eyes. He continued on,

"It was in the Daily Prophet this morning. The Dementors have been given permission to perform the Dementor's Kiss." We were once again swallowed in silence, until Harry said something that made my stomach drop.

"He deserves it." My gaze fell onto the floor. Although I despise my father, the mere thought of the Kiss being performed on him, bothers me.

Why do I feel uneasy about this news?

"You think so?" Lupin asked, while cautiously throwing me a glance.

"Yes. For... for some things..."

I understood where Harry was coming from, he was reminded of his parents. I didn't blame him for thinking my Dad deserves the kiss, but still, it upset me.

"Well, thanks for the Butterbeer Professor, I'll get going now." Harry announced.

"No problem." Remus smiled, but it melted into concern once Harry was out the door. Turning to me he asked, "Are you alright?"

I looked up as my eyes glossed. "Honestly, I'm not sure. I hate him but the news of the Dementor's Kiss, it bothers me but I don't know why."

Remus engulfed me into a hug, soothingly stroking my hair, which provided great comfort to me, seeing this man is a father figure in my life, the closest thing I have to an actual Dad.

Remus said in a gentle voice, "I'm sorry."

***

"Rubina!"

Right when I entered through the portrait hole and into the Gryffindor common room, Fred called my name, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah?" I asked once I reached the fireplace, and took a seat on the armchair. He leaned in, making me freeze on the spot thinking he was going to kiss me, but instead he whispered into my ear. My cheeks felt warm.

Why in the world did I just think that?!

"It should be safe to ride your Firebolt. Harry got his broomstick back today, McGonagall said there's nothing wrong with it."

At this sudden surprise, my face broke into a smile and I squealed with joy. "Really?"

"Really." 

Hey!

So not the most interesting chapter but I'm almost close to finishing third year, and then I'm a bit excited for the summer break part!! The upcoming chapters are most likely going to be better. 

School is starting soon and I am not excited, and I really love to write my fan fictions but with school, not sure what it will look like. Hope everyone else is doing well with their classes! 

Question:

What is your Patronus?

Mine is a Dolphin!

Have a good day! :)

Mini-Padfoot