Chapter 48: Discussing Feelings

Rubi had left the kitchens after having a marvellous time with the elves, who were more than happy to be of company for the girl, and headed to the Great Hall, knowing Harry would be there soon, so she ought to keep him company. Plus, she wanted to see if Hermione had been discharged from the Hospital Wing.

To her disappointment, Hermione was nowhere to be seen but Harry had just taken a seat at the table and Rubi felt bad, seeing he was seated alone. Plastering a smile on her face, Rubi skipped towards her cousin.

"Helloooo, Harold dearest!" She sang, ruffling the boy's hair, who groaned slightly and swatted her hand away.

"Rubi." He groaned, "Please don't do that."

Rubi huffed, placing her hands on hips, "Hmph! You're saying that as if you have the neatest, most well-styled hair out of everyone here!" She expressed, before a smirk made its way onto her face, "If anyone has the best hair, it's me! I mean, look at this!" Rubi began imagining different colours and hair patterns, changing her hair rapidly as if she was holiday, decorative lights.

This caused Harry to grin and he let out a laugh, making Rubi's heart swell with happiness. At least, she could make him feel a bit better during the bitter time he was going through.

Further down the table, a certain redhead was watching the girl dreamily, a soft smile on his lips. He watched Rubi throw her head back and laugh, before she quickly hugged Harry and punched him gently on the arm.

"Hello?" A hand snapped in front of him, making Fred look around. "Yes, thank you for paying attention, loverboy. Now, how about the order forms?"

Fred blinked blankly, "What?"

George fought a grin and donned a serious expression, "Were you even listening?"

"Nope." His twin answered, popping the 'p.'

"Were you seriously staring at Rubi the whole time?"

"Yep." Fred replied instantly, without even a hint of embarrassment.

Lee smiled before sighing, "You do realize at this rate, I think she'll be into Harry and you'll be a loner?"

Fred's eyes widened so much that they seemed as if they were going to bulge out of his head.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He growled out.

"What I mean is if you don't tell her anytime soon, I think she may get feelings for Harry and that's if she hasn't already." Lee stated, casting a glance down the table at Harry and Rubi, now the latter also having taken a seat.

"No, she won't!" Fred protested.

"How do you know that?" Lee retorted.

"Because- because," Fred sputtered, trying not to blurt out that Harry and Rubi are cousins, "Harry's like a brother to her!"

"That's what they all say now, don't they?"

"Freddie," George started, "Lee may have a point. Maybe not Harry but what if she goes after someone else? After all, she may not wait around for you forever." He said, trying to make Fred see their reasoning.

"But what if she doesn't like me, George?" Fred hissed at him.

"She does!"

"How do you know?"

"Because unlike you, we aren't blind, Fred!" Lee threw into the heated argument.

"I don't know."

Lee huffed, his brows knitting together, "You'll never know unless you tell her!"

Fred sighed, "I'm just afraid that it might ruin everything."

George shot a sympathetic smile at his brother, "It won't, Fred. You need to tell her how you feel."