Chapter 34: Farewell

The next morning, I woke up feeling tired but relieved. Allowed to leave the Hospital wing around noon, I parted ways with Harry, Ron and Hermione and made my way back towards the Gryffindor Tower, in order to find my friends. Giving the password to the Fat Lady, I entered when she allowed me but immediately someone pulled me into their arms.

"Where have you been!"

Fred

I pulled away, looking up to see Fred waiting impatiently for an answer.

"And what's the whole situation with Black getting away?" Another voice popped up, and looking behind Fred, I found his twin.

"Yeah, that's what we all got involved in, it's a long story."

Pulling the two into a private corner, I explained everything, although leaving out anything that mentioned my relationship with Sirius Black, since George was never informed of this in the first place, and didn't explain how he got away either, as it would be ideal to tell Fred this alone afterwards.

"You had me- us!" Fred suddenly spoke in a higher tone, "worried."

At this George let out a loud chuckle, "Even after you told us not to come looking for you, this one over here, went out, I did too but he," and George grinned widely, "got caught and has detention until the last day!" He completed saying, ruffling Fred's hair before moving away to join Lee on the couch, and Fred had a slight scowl on his face. 

I gasped dramatically, "Fredrick Gideon Weasley getting caught? Preposterous!"

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbled before his eyes fell upon my bandaged hand and took it within his.

"How did this happen?" He asked in a softer tone.

I shrugged, "Just one of the few." I said, waving a hand to my forehead and leg. "I think this one happened when we were at the Lake."

Fred was looking at me intensely, and I couldn't help but look back. Those chocolate brown eyes were addicting, and I felt myself losing in them. There was something visible in them and then, he opened his mouth to say something,

"Rubi, I-"

"Rubi!"

I tore my gaze from Fred who let go of my hand and rolled his eyes annoyingly, to Harry, who had an unsettling expression visible upon his face, making my stomach slightly twist.

"Professor Lupin! He's resigned, he-"

"He what! Why!"

"Snape, he told the Slytherins about his um- problem, and word spread."

Anger coursed through me. "He did WHAT! THAT FOUL, GIT, I-"

"Professor Lupin's leaving." Harry said again, immediately shutting me up.

"Where is he?" I asked, jumping to my feet.

"In his office."

I looked at Fred who encouraged me to go on, and without wasting another second, I dashed towards the entrance and out and kept running, slowly coming to a halt as I reached the Defence classroom.

The memories were flooding in, such as when I threw a whole tantrum about Snape, to running hurriedly out of the classroom with a chocolate bar I'd stolen as Remus called out after me. Shaking my head, I walked the rest of the path until I stopped in the doorway, the Headmaster was there, giving him a final word before the two adults paused, looking at me and Dumbledore wished a farewell before departing.

He had packed his things. The grindy-low's empty tank stood next to his battered old suitcase, which was shut and ready to go. Remus was bent over something on his desk and looked up again at the doorway.