Chapter 7: Sneaking Around After Dark

Being at Hogwarts was splendid. I had three wonderful, yet troublesome friends. My lessons were going spectacular with Charms and Transfiguration being my strongest, along with Defence Against the Dark Arts.

The warm evening had dawned upon us. Seated by the fireplace, on a comfy armchair, with the tip of my quill between my teeth, I thought of how to conclude my essay on the topic of Animagi.

I scribbled once more, just before I lost my train of thought. Skimming through the words on the parchment once, and satisfied with its results, I put it away into my bag, but unbeknownst to me, the Weasley twins had arrived with mischievous grins plastered on their faces.

Sensing their presence, I asked in a bored tone, "What do you want boys?" Although a smile tugged at the corner of my lips.

"Well, George and I were wondering if you wanted a tour of the castle?"

I looked up with an annoyed face. "I've already seen every corner of the castle, besides it's curfew." I retorted.

George smirked. "What my dear brother meant to say-" I snorted. "He'll give you a tour of the secret wonders, the secrets to our success."

My curiosity got the best of me. "Alright. I'll come." I said gleefully.

"Now don't tell this to anyone, because what we are about to show you will blow your mind."

"What is it?" I squealed, but my face fell, when they pulled out a ragged, old parchment. "Wow, really nice joke. I'll see you later." I huffed as I turned only to be pulled back by my wrist, colliding into Fred's chest. I stepped back quickly, a slight pinkness tinted on my cheeks.

"It's not a prank, if you'll just let us finish, Madam." Fred said.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay, show me." Fred cleared his throat playfully, earning an eye roll from me. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." As Fred finished, my eyes widened as my jaw fell open, because thin ink lines began to appear, connecting with one another, while curly green words formed at the top.

Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs

Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers

are proud to present

THE MARAUDER'S MAP

	I looked up at the twins, astonished, who both wore smirks on their faces

I looked up at the twins, astonished, who both wore smirks on their faces. "Told you it wasn't a joke." Fred said.

My eyes trailed down back to the map, and I surveyed the ink lines more closely. "Wait..." I started. "Is this a map of Hogwarts? Wait! Is that Dumbledore in his office?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, pacing, does that a lot."

	"So you're telling me this map shows everyone?"

"Everyone." Fred confirmed.

"Where they are." George chimed in.

"What they're doing."

"Every minute."

"Of every day."

"This is bloody brilliant." I admitted.

Fred grinned. "Well, let's get exploring."

"But how are we going to sneak out without getting caught?" I retorted.

"Got that covered." He said as he pulled out a cloak. "Borrowed Harry's invisibility cloak. We don't use it but since we'll be out longer, best to take it along."

I beamed up at Fred, as I dragged him along to exit the portrait hole.

"Whoa, not so fast!" He said and then he threw the cloak over, covering us both. We pushed open the portrait hole, as we carefully stepped out. We tiptoed our way down the stairs and through each hallway and corridor until we reached the great oak door.

"Ready?" I nodded eagerly.

Pushing open the front door slightly, we stepped out as the cool breeze hit our faces, and we silently closed the door behind us. We trudged through the grass until we reached the big tree by the Black Lake. Obscured from view, we pulled off the cloak.

"Fred, I thought we were going somewhere exciting." I huffed with a pout. He only chuckled.

"Well, the map's more of a way to check if the coast is clear. We could sneak out into Hogsmeade." My eyes lit up with excitement at those words, but as I opened my mouth to speak, Fred cut me off.

"We won't go today to Hogsmeade though," A frown found its way onto my face. "But we could go take a trip into the Forbidden Forest, Hagrid's never been able to keep George and me out of there, he gave up trying to."

I giggled. "Fine, but afterwards we're coming back to the Black Lake."

"Okay, but why? Didn't you just say this place is boring?"

"I didn't say boring, I just said it's not as exciting as other places."

Fred grinned. "That still means boring."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever."

Glancing around once more, the two of us cautiously proceeded towards the dark forest, side by side.

Hey!

I hope this chapter was nice, I did like this one. I also copied the scene from the movie where the twins give Harry the map, I just find their dialogues from that scene amusing. Anyways, have a good day, and let me know how this story is going so far! Remember to vote, comment, read and share!

Here's a question!

Who is your favorite Marauder?

Mine is Sirius Black, if I haven't made it obvious enough already. :) 

I just wanted to include this, one of my favorite scenes from Order of the Phoenix!! :)

Bye! :)

Mini-Padfoot