Chapter 54: His Girl

Soon after, the two found themselves outside, courtesy of Rubi who wanted to experience the cool, refreshing air.

The front doors stood open, and the fluttering fairy lights in the rose garden winked and twinkled as they went down the front steps, where they found themselves surrounded by bushes; winding, ornamental paths; and large stone statues. There was a beautiful fountain, producing the gentle splashing of water. Here and there, people were sitting on carved benches.

Rubi's eyes sparkled as she looked around, the beauty of the landscape mesmerizing her. She sighed happily. Fred took a seat at one of the empty benches.

"No, Fred, not here."

The redhead raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"I want to go to our place by the lake." Rubi said, making Fred softly smile and he nodded. He offered her his hand, which Rubi gently took. The couple walked in silence until they reached the large tree by the edge of the lake, taking a seat. The two watched the water ripple as the moon shone down on its surface, its reflection visible. Rubi had her head placed on Fred's chest, while he had an arm wrapped around her, leaning against the tree.

Rubi looked up, "Freddie?"

Fred craned his head downwards to look at his girl, "Yes, love?"

Rubi hesitated, biting down into her lip, "Could we not tell anyone about us?"

Fred's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, "But why? I want to tell the world that you're mine." He booped her nose, making Rubi scrunch up her nose. "It'll make people stop staring at you with those eyes."

Rubi laughed, "Aw, is Fred Weasley jealous?" She asked, smirking at him.

Fred growled, "No, I would like for people to back off. So many people look at you that clearly mean they fancy you. I'm not having any of that." He huffed, making Rubi giggle.

"Aw, don't worry, Mr. Weasley, I'm all yours." Rubi replied, placing a kiss on Fred's cheek before Fred turned his head, capturing her into a kiss.

Fred smiled before slightly frowning, "Why don't you want to make it official to everyone?"

Rubi sighed, "It's not more about everyone per say, but more regarding my... dad."

Fred blankly blinked, "Please elaborate."

"Well, he apparently seems to be protective of me and does not want me in a relationship." Rubi explained, "So if people around us know, chances are someone will let it slip to him. So basically, you're dead meat then." Rubi finished, cringing slightly as she awaited Fred's reaction.

Fred's eyes had gone a bit wide, "He wouldn't actually murder me now would he?"

Rubi shrugged, "I mean I can't make any promises." She replied with a mischievous grin playing on her lips.