Chapter 15: The Worst

"Lucky the ground was so soft."

"I thought they were dead for sure."

"Harry didn't even break his glasses."

I didn't have the slightest clue as to where I was or how I reached there. All I knew was that every part of my body was aching, very badly.

"That was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life."

My eyes snapped open. Somehow, I ended up in the Hospital wing, with the Gryffindor team around my bed. No wait, around two beds. I craned my neck to check the second bed, which was occupied by Harry, who was also stirring awake. I put my hand to my pounding head, and I groaned with pain.

"Rubina!" said Fred, who looked pale despite being covered in mud. "How're you feeling?" The same question was directed towards Harry.

"What happened?" Harry and I asked at the same time.

"You both fell off, Harry was a bit higher then Rubina." Fred said in a shaky voice.

"We thought you both had died." said Alicia, who was shaking.

"But the match?" I heard Harry say. "What happened? Are we having a replay?" No one said anything, but the silence spoke for itself.

"We lost?" I croaked. "But this was my first match." I mumbled with sadness.

"I know love, but it's those Dementors to blame. Dumbledore slowed your guys's fall, and he was furious to see the Dementors had trespassed." said Fred, while reassuringly squeezing my hand.

"No one blames you Harry." said George to Harry, who looked broken and guilty.

"Just after you fell, Cedric caught the Snitch. He didn't realise what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off, wanted a re-match. But they had won fair and square... even Wood admits it."

"Where is Wood?" asked Harry.

"Still in the showers, we think he's trying to drown himself." Fred answered.

Harry put his face into his knees.

"C'mon, Harry, you've never missed the Snitch before." Fred said.

"There had to be one time you didn't get it." added his twin.

"It's not over yet. We lost by a hundred points, right? So if Hufflepuff lose to Ravenclaw, and we beat Ravenclaw and Slytherin..." said Fred.

"Hufflepuff'll have to lose by at least two hundred points." said George.

"Okay, forget about the future for now!" I snapped, taking the twins by surprise, but they didn't utter a single word about Quidditch. I glanced over at Harry who still wore the same expression, then it hit me.

"Hey, where did my broom go?" The twins exchanged a nervous look before George started.

"Well, when you fell, it flew away-"

"To the Whomping Willow, the tree smashed Harry's broom completely." Fred said while shooting a pitiful glance at Harry. "Your broom survived but it suffered some damage."

"Professor Flitwick brought them back."

"Can I at least see it?" Fred hesitantly grabbed down to hand me my broom, while Hermone did the same to Harry.

Mine wasn't a complete wreck, in better shape then Harry's Nimbus Two Thousand, but I doubted my faithful Nimbus Two Thousand and One's performance now.