2 - Want a Demonstration?

My head hurt. I was hungry. I was tired. But most of all, I was pissed off.

"You've certainly developed a bad mouth over the last couple of centuries." Thor grumbled.

"You can shut the fuck up asshole." I replied.

"See, she is so polite to me." The God of thunder grumbled.

"Fine. Thor I apologise for you being such an asshole" I replied, and took a sip of my water.

Natasha Romanoff, Black Widow, cleared her throat. "Roara you're here because you're the best way to get to Loki."

The water was a bad idea. I began choking so hard that Thor gave me a slap on the back, and in response I gave him a death stare.

"I have not seen Loki in four hundred years." I explained quietly. "And even if I could help you, I wouldn't."

I looked around the room. It had been such a strange day. Now I was here, in a room with four of the so called Avengers, being asked for help. Thor had turned up to my home, and told me I needed to come with him. Of course I'd told him to fuck off, so he'd picked me up and carried me as I kicked and screamed to the Avenger's airship. I'd been doing a very good job of keeping a low profile in my cottage in the countryside.

Of course I knew who the Avengers were and I'd known Thor for a very long time now. There had even been a time when I'd have called him my friend. I didn't realise however, when Thor put me on the ship, that I would end up in New York being grilled by Tony Stark at the Avengers headquarters because Thor had blabbed about my existence. Stark was getting on my nerves though, possibly more than Thor.

"I did not want to get into it." Thor explained to the room in general. "I didn't feel it was my story to tell."

"You shouldn't have said anything at all, you shouldn't have told them a thing about me because you're damned right it's not your story to tell. Four hundred and three years you've managed to keep that gob of yours closed. Four hundred and three!"

"Will one of you just explain to us what happened?" Tony Stark asked. "As invigorating as your bickering is, some actual information would be good."

I crossed my arms, making it clear I wasn't going to utter a word. Thor gave me a very pointed stare, which I returned.

Finally Thor sighed and sat back. "Four hundred years ago or so Loki became... interested in a mortal girl. He pursued her, got close to her. In exchange for one night with him he gave her powers so that she could be more than human. Not to be a God, but to have powers that no mortal possessed. But remember Loki is the God of mischief. She got more than she bargained for."

"You missed the part where Loki deserted me, forgot to tell me that he made me immortal as a joke, and then let me fend for myself." I snarled.

"What powers did you get?" Natasha asked me from across the room.

"Want a demonstration?" I asked.

"By all means." Stark gestured with his arms wide, indicating that I had the floor.

"Thor, come on." He knew the drill. He got up and offered me his hand. I took it, remembering how tiny I was compared to him. His hand was double the size of mine. I was short at the best of times, but in comparison to ... well everyone in the room I was tiny.

I felt his warmth in my hand a moment. I wanted to say something to him, maybe I wanted to apologise for what was about to happen, but there was no point. He knew what to expect. I let my powers open up, slowly at first, but soon it became hard to control the pace - I'd never been very good at controlling my power. It felt like a river rushing through what pathways it could find, and I was totally powerless to stop it. I felt the static run through me, the coldness leave my hand and enter his.