41 - I Don't Understand Smartphones

ROARA

I woke up feeling like shit. And then I remembered the night before and felt even more shit. I had really fucked up. Loki and Thor hated me, I'd destroyed Tony's home, Alina and Steve wouldn't be speaking to me for a very, very long time. I groaned, rubbing my temples, trying to open my eyes. Everything was bright and incredibly blurred. So I closed them again and rolled over in my bed. And hit someone in the face.

I shot upwards, "OH FUCK!" My eyes were very much opened now and open wide.

"Roara what the fuck?" Bucky groaned, rubbing his face where I'd just accidentally punched him.

Trying to get my bearings, and the ability to see in front of me in anything but a hazy blur I frowned. "What? OH!" And then the rest of the night came back to me in one crashing flash.

"You good there?" His voice was still rough from sleep and I tried to ignore the butterflies that took a nose dive in my stomach.

I rubbed my eyes hard and looked around. This wasn't my room. This must be Bucky's room. But it didn't look like the room's in the Avenger's tower. It wasn't a big room, the walls painted grey, a small desk in one corner. The bed was smaller than my own, the door in a different place, and one door instead of two. I turned slowly to look at Bucky, trying to stay calm. "We had sex didn't we?"

The look of horror that passed over his face was excruciating. "You don't remember?" He asked, aghast.

"No, no I remember everything, very, very, very clearly. In a lot of detail." His face relaxed and he lay back on his pillow in relief. "I just needed to be sure that you had the same night I had, because really it could have been a dream, I mean a very good dream, and it's not like I haven't had dreams like it before, but I could have just drunk so much last night that-" Suddenly my face was being pulled down to meet his. He kissed me softly on the lips.

"Just shut up sometimes Ro." He muttered.

"Like now?" I gave him a peck on the lips, before breaking away to hear his response.

"Now would be good."

"Okay." I replied and he pulled me into him again, kissing me slowly, lazily. As though something had changed, and in a way, it had.

I broke away startled by my own thoughts. "Oh my god."

"What?" He asked, looking confused.

I jumped up out of bed, "I'm not a virgin anymore!" I laughed and jumped up and down. "Four hundred fucking years of being asked if I'm a virgin!" I punched the air, then became more serious. "Of course, virginity is a social construct used by the patriarchy to control women, and by a social construct I don't mean to say it isn't real because it is real in a societal sense and negatively impacts many women around the world but it is not real in terms of actual physical representation, and one can choose their virginity because losing your virginity is different for everyone. But still!"

Bucky was killing himself laughing. He was bent double as he said, "I did not think that you would wake up, make out with me, and then dance naked around my apartment."

I looked down. I indeed was naked, very naked. I looked up at him. "Do you maybe have a T-shirt?"

"Check the drawer over there." He pointed behind me. "I'm going to go make coffee, do you want some?"

I felt my face fall slightly. We'd had this conversation before. Only that was before I had even tried coffee.

"You don't drink coffee do you?" He asked, getting out of bed and searching for his boxers.