7 - Who's Next?

"What do you want? A hit on your enlarged ego? A slap to get your hormonal head right?" He said.

"No make me actually angry." I said. "I know what you're doing these insults," I waved my hand, "I know they're not true. I'm not that sensitive."

"This isn't working?" He asked. "Wow. You really are hard to please. No wonder Loki left you." 

I paused, mouth open. Then I shut my mouth. Then I turned to Steve. "Did you tell him?" 

"Look Roara, we're all just trying to understand-"

"Understand what exactly?"

"Understand your relationship to Loki." Tony cut in. "Any information is useful."

"Useful! Thor can tell you 20 times what I can, that was private! I told you that in confidence! How... how could you Steve?" I felt my eyes pricking. 

"I didn't think-"

"No that's right you didn't think did you!" I furiously wiped my eyes with my hands. "You men never think. Betrayal after betrayal I...." I looked him up and down. "You're an asshole." I spat. "I trusted you." 

I stalked over to where he sat. I shoved him. "Get up." I told him. He held his arms up in surrender. "No you don't get to do that right now, get your ass off that seat." He stood up. 

I slapped him. He did nothing. I slapped him again, harder. He did nothing. I slapped him again, but this time my hand didn't make contact. He'd taken hold of my wrist.

"Don't make me fight you." He said quietly.

"You already did." I snarled, punching him in the stomach with my free hand. He twisted my arm behind my back.

"If you want a fight you're going to lose. Don't embarrass yourself, we can sort this out privately." He whispered.

"Not a chance!" I flipped over him like Nat had shown me, forcing Steve to let go of my hand. I wasn't so good with acrobatics like Nat was, but I was getting better. It was a sloppy move, but it worked.

"You!" I tried to hit him, he deflected. "Betrayed!" I tried to kick him but he sidestepped, but I found my balanced quickly. "Me!" I hit him in the stomach. He grabbed my arm and spun me round, forcing me down. 

"Not quite good enough princess." Tony said from behind me.

I screamed in frustration. Use this, a voice in my head told me. You wanted to be angry, now you're angry and hurt so use this.  I screamed again, feeling the same power as before surge through me. Steve, Tony, Bruce, they were all flung backwards. I felt the comforting surface of wood in my hands. 

I turned around to face them all. 

"Who's next?" I screamed. They were all pushed back against the wall. Steve was on his back. Tony had his iron man gauntlets on, a hand out ready to shoot. Nat had a gun in her hands. 

"Well angry certainly worked." Tony said, not dropping his hands.

I looked down at what I was holding. I'd made two perfectly carved daggers. Not only that but I was standing in a miniature crater, the air around me in a 2 foot radius vibrating strangely. "Wow." I breathed.

"Wow indeed." Steve groaned, getting to his feet.

"You should probably look in a mirror Roro." Tony told me.   

I looked at the reflective glass behind him. My hair... my hair! It was... floating around my head like I was underwater. My veins had turned pale green, and I had lines of forest green and brown streaked my cheeks. I touched the colour. It looked like war paint but I realised... it was my skin.