15 - A Pathetic Plan.

ROARA

"Will you two please stop staring daggers at each other, it's putting me off my breakfast." Tony leant back, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Why did you let him out, the whole point of me being here was so that we could lock him up." I replied, not taking my eyes of Loki who smirked and sipped his tea, his eyes trained on me as well.

"Plans change." Nat sat, sitting down.

"Well change them back." I demanded.

"This is a better plan Ro, I promise." Steve nodded to Loki, "He's out best shot at taking down the Ascendency. He knows who they are, where they are, what they're doing. He's just not talking."

"Yet." Alina came over to the table, a plate of pancakes stacked as high as her head. I lifted an eyebrow at it. "What? I'm hungry. I spent eight months being starved. A girl's gotta eat."

"Right but you'll get indigestion from that." I explained. My appetite still hadn't returned since I'd gone into a coma. I still had flecks of green and brown on my skin too, although the majority of my war markings had faded.

"At least she can eat." Steve pulled on a sweater. As he lifted his arms above his head Alina and I got a good look at his abs. We turned to each other.

"Did you?"

"I did, yes. I wouldn't mind having a photo pinned to my wall."

"Ladies if you could stop sexualising the other members of the team that would be much appreciated." Nick Fury came in, slamming a large folder on the desk.

"It was appreciation!" Alina argued. "And I really did appreciate it." She winked at Steve who made a tutting noise in response but I could see a little pink forming on his cheeks. Alina really did have that effect on people, with her flirting. She looked like a goddess with her big chocolate eyes and her beautiful dark skin. Since she'd been back her complexion had begun to return to what it used to be, and she'd mentioned to me that she was very happy about that. They'd taunted her when she was in the cage, saying all sorts of racist shit. I didn't care about getting revenge for being shot, I only cared about getting revenge for Alina. In the few days we'd spent together we'd already become friends and the way that they had treated her... I'd already been horrified by the cage, but the more snippets of information she relayed to me, the more disgusted I'd become.

"Who's that?" I asked, pointing to the red headed girl at the back of the room who was reading a book, turning the pages without actually touching them. I guessed it was a form of telekinesis but it was very cool to watch.

"That is Wanda Maximoff." Alina explained, pulling out another plate of pancakes from nowhere and handed it to me. "Eat." She said. "Your blood sugars are low."

"Does nobody else find it creepy that she can do that?" I asked, using a fork to push the pancake around my plate.

"You can force people to do things by speaking to them, shoot wooden spikes out of your hands, and mimic other people's powers. I don't think you have room to speak." Thor muttered.

"Fair enough." I grumbled, pushing a small piece of pancake into my mouth. It tasted like cardboard. Meanwhile Alina had already got through four.

I looked back at Loki. He winked at me. I uttered a grunt of disgust.

"Sure Roara. Like that didn't just make your heart beat faster." Alina whispered from beside me.

"Only because I was thinking of ways to kill him, slowly and intimately."

Loki put his mug down and leant forward. "Please, tell me more."

"Stop it you two." Wanda said from the back of the room, only a very very slight hint of an accent to her voice. "You are driving me insane."