32 - Rip Their Hearts Out

Hey guys! I just want to a massive massive THANK YOU to all of you, this is the most reads any book of mine has ever got, yesterday there were 200 reads and today there are over 1k! I am so so grateful for all of you who followed, added this to a reading list, and starred any of the chapters. I am honestly overjoyed that you guys are enjoying this book as much as I am enjoying writing it. I'll probably go back and edit the first few chapters just to get them a little more up to scratch and if you guys have any ideas on how you'd like me to tweak them please let me know. I am honestly in disbelief at how people are enjoying my work, it has made me so happy. I've had a very difficult week and this has made my entire year and it's ALL YOU GUYS!! I was thinking about not writing this book anymore because I didn't think it was any good, but you've given me the motivation to keep going and I cannot thank you enough <3

Okay so back into the story!!

T.W Violence and scenes of torture.

ALINA

We were sat around the meeting room, all of us looking up at the projection screen at the end of the table. I was in between Steve and Loki, Thor next to Loki and Natasha next to Steve. The tension in the room was palpable, all of us holding our breath.

Tony walked around to the front of the room, his laptop in his hands. "I'm going to have to warn you all, this is not gonna be pleasant. I've only seen the first ten seconds. If any of you have to leave at any point, you know where the door is." He looked at me as he said this. "We won't think any less of you if you do."

He sat down and clicked play on his laptop. An image flickered on screen, which made me gasp. I heard a sharp intake of breath from Natasha, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Wanda put a hand to her mouth. In front of me I could see Loki and Thor tense up even further. Roara was in an almost standing position, her arms tied above her head in chains with blood dripping down one arm. Her face was a mess, streaked with dirt and blood, her hair unkempt. She was the only one on screen. She was staring just to the right of the camera, her eyes full of fury.

"Okay Roara," a man was saying, his voice a thick Scottish accent, "since Axel's gone, we're going to do this the good old fashioned way, just to see if we can push that pain meter a little further, see if we get a reaction out of you. Sound good?"

She spat on the ground. "You're going to pay for this."

He laughed. "Of course you'd say that. It's what 232 said when we first started with her, but everyone breaks in the end." My face froze at his words. I had said that. But it had been a very long time ago. Steve took one of my hands and squeezed it tightly.

"Her name," Roara's voice was full of venom, "is Alina Stark. And she could fuck you up in a moment."

"Let's get on with it, shall we?" The man asked. "I'd love to chat but I think we've done enough of that." The sound of fingers thumbing through a notebook came out of the speakers. "Right, so we know your mother was the goddess Gaea," I looked around the room at everyone's confused faces. We hadn't known that, and I sure as hell didn't think Roara had known either, "but how did you come to meet the other gods you know. Thor and Loki?"

"I thought you knew everything about me?"

"Not quite everything, and it would be useful to us if we knew more, so please explain."

"I'm not giving you anything."

A man walked in from outside of the camera view, carrying a long metal stick. He hit her with it, sending volts of electricity through her body. I shut my eyes as her screams died out. "Okay, okay!" She shouted. "We met in early 16th century, when I was 18. Me and Loki. He helped me out with a fight. We became friends over a year. He did whatever you said he did, triggered my powers, and then he left me. I became very weak, and Thor located me. Took me to Asgard. They healed me there. He visited me every so often throughout the centuries."