82 - Bet You Didn't See That One Coming

TRIGGER WARNING - References to SA and extreme violence

ROARA

I watched as everyone came up to me and said goodbye. They were all suited up, armed to the teeth, ready to fight Cog and Wheel in England. Bucky was one of the last. 

I watched as he came up to me and took my hands in his. "I was wrong." He said quietly. "I do love you. You're one of the people I care about most in this world. And I can't... I can't bare to see you like this. Whatever happens today, I'm going to do it for you."

I wanted to scream out to him, to tell him I'm still here, but my body didn't react. I was looking out at myself, as though I wasn't in my body. I was sat on my chair, a crayon and paper on my desk. I'd drawn a flower. I wanted to tell him not to go, to stay with me, to stay out of danger. It was no use. I watched my hand touch his face and smile.

"I like your hair." My voice didn't even sound like my own.

"I like yours." He replied, wiping a tear from his eyes. "I'll see you soon Roara." He got up and left. 

The last person into my room was Alina. She crouched down in front of me. 

"They're going down Roara. I promise. I'm going to take them down. For you, for me, for everyone they've ever hurt or killed. I'm going to end every last one of them." She placed a kiss on my forehead. "I'm going to give you this, okay, it'll keep you safe." She pulled the necklace off her neck, the one I had given her, and placed it over my head, adjusting it on my chest. "Don't take it off, okay?"

"Okay." I replied.

"Promise me?"

My body nodded. "I promise."

She kissed my forehead once more and left hastily. As she left she touched the arm of the man waiting at my door. "Look after her Bridges. If anything happens to her, I'll kill you."

"I know." He said. The door shut behind Alina.

Simon Bridges turned to me. "I'm going to give them a minute to leave." He told me. "And then we can chat."

I felt my mind trying to grasp onto everything that was happening. I wanted to move my legs but I couldn't. The girl below me, the girl who looked like me, my body, didn't say anything. She was Roara. I was... just a consciousness. I didn't know who I was. Bridges walked towards her, and put a hand on her shoulder.

My entire body was suddenly on fire, and I was back inside myself. I gasped for air, standing up and stumbling around, grabbing onto Bridges for support.

"Get the others back here," I said desperately, "please, I'm here, it's me. I need to talk to them."

"Oh, I know." He grinned. 

"What?" I asked, letting go.

"Oh Roara, Roara, Roara." Simon shook his head. "I thought you were smart."

"What are you talking about, I need the others back here, something's going on with me, I need to talk to them." I begged, searching through my things for my phone. "Have you seen my phone? I need my phone."

"Oh, this phone?" He held up my mobile. "You don't need this." He threw it onto the ground and stomped on it. I could hear the crunch of the electrical parts in it breaking. 

"What the hell man!" I screamed. "That's my phone!"

"Oh my god." The young man started laughing. "You really are stupid, aren't you?"

"What the fuck is going on here Simon!" I yelled, running to my closet, flicking through my clothes to find my suit. 

"Roara, calm down." He sighed. "Please?"