34 - Not Lying This Time Am I

T.W VERY graphic violence

ALINA

"Roara?" I gasped in surprise, staring at the girl in front of me. 

Steve stopped in his tracks beside me. "Bucky?"

"Alina?!" Roara yelled. She was stood in the doorway, an arm out with flames licking up her wrist, the other tightly around someone who was helping to keep her upright. 

"Steve?" The man who was half carrying her asked.

"How are you-"

"How did you-"

"Why are you-"

"WHAT?!" Roara's voice rose above all our questions. "WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE?"

Steve and I looked at each other. "They sent us a video. Of you." I replied.

"We were able to locate you by tracking one of the men in the video, the man who kept electrifying you. Nat and Clint turned up at his home and... well you know how terrifying they can be. He told us everything he knew." Steve explained, taking the other side of Roara's shoulders.

"I can heal you." I told Roara, leading the way, "but it'll take a bit of time. We need to find somewhere safe to do it." Together we walked down the hallway, but Roara was definitely slowing us down.

"Wait." Bucky said from behind me. We stopped. Roara was panting, sweat pouring off her forehead. "I need my arm. If I have it I can carry her and shoot. Steve needs both hands for his shield."

"Shit." I muttered. I pressed my earpiece. "Any word on that stupid arm?"

"Nope." Sam replied.

"Not here." Came Thor's voice.

"Wish I knew." Clint came through. "Nat can't see it either."

"Goddamn it. Loki come in."

"Loki's here?" Roara asked, unable to keep the excitement out of her voice. 

I turned to face her. "Yeah. He is so mad. Never seen someone that crazy and I once spilt one of Tony's really expensive whiskeys."

"Where is he?" Roara asked. "I've got to find him. He needs to know something."

"I'm sure we'll-" Gun shots came down the hallway. I blasted two beams of light and then pulled Roara's pain and shot it at one of the men down the hall. He collapsed beside his partners. I looked back at Roara who was sighing in relief.

"Do that again." She told me.

"I've got to find someone who I can pass it into. If I hold it for too long it gets painful and it can spill out to anyone." I explained. "Come on." We were slightly faster now, with Roara's pain slightly lifted. 

"Alina!" Steve shouted, jumping in front of me, shield covering us as bullets hit it. I spun round and pulled more of Roara's pain shooting it into two armed oncoming guards, one of whom shrieked with pain and passed out as soon as the beam hit him. 

"Bucky let go. I think I can walk now." Roara said, limping alone down the corridor.

"That girl is crazy." Steve shook his head.

I saw Bucky smirk. "She sure is."

"Where are we?" Roara called to us as she turned a corner. 

I ran to catch up with her. "Not too far from the construction site. We're on the coast though. Basically on a cliff."

"Great." She said, blasting open a door in front of her with a ball of fire. "Who else is here?"

"The whole team."