38 - What A Bad Boy

ROARA

21st Century parties were really something else. The music, the drinks, the clothes! It was nothing like it had been before. The last time I'd been to anything remotely considered a party was in the 20s, and mostly that was drink as much as you could and shake your ass in a conservative manner until the police tried to shut down the speakeasy and then you ran like hell.

Alina was wearing a gorgeous gold sparkling dress, complimenting her dark skin perfectly. Her skin often reminded me of the chestnuts that fell near my cottage, this beautiful glossy brown that had a richness to it that my Caucasian complexion just didn't share. My skin color was far closer to the colour of cake batter, not that that was bad, I like cake, but it was just an observation. Ali had the brightest red lipstick on I'd ever seen and honestly looked absolutely stunning. Natasha was in tight red leather trousers and a dark cowl neck top. Wanda was wearing the most beautiful black velvet jumpsuit. We all looked like queens. So, naturally, we had to make an entrance.

"Hello boys!" Alina called as we walked into the room in unison. Most of the avengers, par Pepper and Tony, had been chatting with drinks in their hands in a circle, guests milling about them. But they all turned to look as we stepped inside. I saw Peter mouth 'wow', Steve shake his head with a huge smile on his face, and the smirk that Loki's mouth made did something to my stomach that could only be described as a backflip.

"Well hello ladies," Maria said to us, having been the only girl in the group before we walked in, "thank god you got here just in time. I think these men are going to kill me with their hormones."

"I apologise for us being late," Nat turned to glare at Alina, "one of us took their sweet time."

"What! The shade needed to be just right." She smiled and looked Thor up and down, "Someone dressed to impress. Very well fitting indeed." She turned to me and pretended to fan herself. Alina and her thing for muscled men.

"Thank you Alina," he turned to Loki who was beside him, "see, she says it looks good."

Loki dragged his gaze away from my dress. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. What were you saying?"

Thor groaned and turned back to Alina, offering her his arm. "Shall we get you a drink?"

She took his arm. "That would be wonderful, thank you Thor."

Nat and I watched her go. "That's our girl." I sighed. "Who do you think she'll be going for next?"

"I think she's going to work her way up to Steve. Next she'll be attempting Barton who'll definitely turn her down, no questions asked. Then she'll try poor Bruce who'll get really flustered. Then maybe Sam? Hard to say."

"My money's on Rhodey as a warm up. Bit old for her, but they'll have a laugh."

"I thought Maria." Wanda whispered.

"What?" I asked. "Anyway it's not fair when you do it."

"I didn't look into her mind, I just know she doesn't only go for guys. She's very open with it. You haven't looked at her Instagram?"

"What's Instagram?" I asked. Wanda sighed and tried to explain to me, but I didn't quite understand.

"Roara." Nat whispered to me out of the corner of her mouth. "You've got an admirer." She nodded towards Loki, who was doing an incredibly bad job at hiding his stare. Almost like he was doing it on purpose.

I sidled up him.

"You've been staring." I said through gritted teeth, smiling at a guest who had given me a quick one over. I'd had to get used to that very quickly while walking through New York, but especially in the Avengers HQ when agents were walking past. Something about having half your face covered in norse knot looking patterns seemed to make people uncomfortable.