88 - Out Of Your Mind

ROARA

"Loki?" I looked at the man in the glass cell. I tilted my head. "Why is he here?"

"He came in search of us, wanted to tear us down. He didn't want you to achieve the full amount of power you could possess if you came to us, he wanted it for himself. So we captured him and we've kept him here." Simon pulled away from me, more memories entering my mind, and walked over to a control panel. "Do you want to speak to him?"

"Can I?" I asked. He was a God, that much I knew now. A God. Damn. Look at him in that cell, like some pitiful creature in a hunting trap.

"Sure baby." I heard a button being pressed. "He can hear us now."

I tilted my head the other way, frowning. My hand still on the glass I began to walk around the circular cell and as I did so the man turned to watch me, never taking his eyes off me. 

"Is this what you wanted?" I asked him. "To be powerless?"

"Don't do this." The man replied, his voice low and smooth, with a hint of darkness to it.

"Don't do what? Obtain the power you wanted." I laughed and shook my head. "You're pathetic."

"Pathetic? Really?" He shook his head. "You're out of your mind."

"Am I?" I giggled and then stopped just as abruptly as I'd started. "Or am I finally seeing sense."

"Please-" he cut himself off as though astonished by the word that had left his lips, "please." He said again with a resolve to his voice that he would, indeed, use that word. "Don't do this."

"Look at you begging before me." I looked him up and down in disgust. "Is this what you have come to? A God pleading like this?" I crossed my arms. "At least you have the decency to look ashamed."

"I'm only ashamed I couldn't save you from this." He spat.

"You're lying." I took a step towards the glass. "You're ashamed that you were outwitted, that you're trapped like a fox caught by the tail. You're ashamed that this is what you've been reduced to." 

He looked me up and down. "What game are you playing Roara? What do you want me to say?"

"I'm not playing a game." I lifted a finger on my right hand, increasing the temperature. "Are you?"

"Of course I am." He followed me as I began to pace around his cell again. "I'm always playing a game, you know that."

"Then why do you lose?" I stopped in my walk. "If you've been playing this long you should know how to win by now? And yet you are there, and I am here." I could see the heat beginning to make him uncomfortable. "You don't like heat, do you?"

"I'm a frost giant Ro, you know that." I hadn't, but I did now, and he wasn't going to know any different. 

I laughed. "Alright then." I lowered my finger, bringing the temperature back down. That was a good trick to know. 

"Was this your plan all along? Get us vulnerable, get us to trust you, pretend like you were completely helpless and then betray us all?" 

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "It was never the plan, something better just happened to come along."

"How's your boyfriend over there." He gestured to Simon. "Pretty, but a little young, even for your tastes."

I glanced at Simon, as more information about Loki made its way into my brain. "I don't have a boyfriend." I replied coldly.