46 - That's Just Great

ALINA

I was given the lovely task of waking Roara. She was not a good person to wake up, especially if she hadn't had a good nights sleep. Since it was 4:30 in the morning she clearly was going to be worse than usual. In addition to that, it was safe to say we weren't on the very best of terms. As in she wasn't speaking to me.

I tentatively knocked on her door. When I got no response I knocked louder. Still nothing. With a groan I blasted it open using my light. 

This was one of the rare occurrences where I was not a fan of being able to see perfectly in the dark.

"Jesus!" I averted my eyes. 

"Did you have to come in?" Bucky asked groggily.

"Yes!" I hissed, putting a hand over my eyes. "Yes I did!"

I felt a pillow hit me in the face. "Get out!" Roara groaned.

"Look, I get you're both very naked and in one hot, naked, messy, naked mess but can you two please put some damn clothes on we have shit going down." I backed out of the door. I stood outside for a second before coming back in. Bucky had his underwear on, thank god, and Roara had pulled Bucky's t-shirt from the night before over her head. "It's a big situation guys, Roara you might want to suit up."

"Suit up?" She asked, immediately taking her T-shirt off. 

"Fuck!" I yelled, turning around. "Roara warn me next time!"

Peter walked up beside me to check on Roara. "What's going o- OH MY GOD!" Peter quickly turned around like me. "Roara you are very naked."

"So are you under your jeans, after 400 years the novelty wears off." I heard rummaging behind me. "Bucky can you chuck me some pants?" I heard a thud. "No, not the American pants, English pants, like underwear."

"Oh sorry."

"Don't worry."

Peter and I turned to look at each other, eyebrows raised. They were moving fast if Bucky already knew where her underwear drawer was. 

I coughed. "So are you guys dating or-"

"Don't even ask." Roara grunted. "Even if we knew I wouldn't tell you." That stung. Ouchie. Peter gave me a sympathetic look. I shrugged. Not much more I could do really.

"Look, can you two hurry up." Peter muttered. "Mr Stark is getting impatient."

"Can someone please tell me why the hell I was woken up before 5am?" Bucky asked, now fully dressed and standing beside Peter and I.

I sighed. "Two girls have gone missing, tonight, both of them are connected to us. Both of them also have enhanced abilities, either born with them or gained them in childhood."

"Who are the girls?" Bucky asked me, all annoyance gone from his face.

"Aditi Savant, Barton's niece, and Miriam Ford, Pepper's goddaughter. Taken any time from 10:30 to about 4:00 am. One was in Washington DC, from what we can guess she was taken earlier, and the other in Philadelphia." 

"Shit." Roara muttered. "They're making their way to New York."

I hadn't even thought of that but she was right. It made a straight line to New York. I pulled out my phone and called Tony. "Tony, how many relatives of people do we have living in New York?" I asked.

"A lot, why?"

"How many of them are girls between the ages of about 6 and 28?" 

"A few."