25 - She Just Saved Our Asses

T.W Extreme violence.

ROARA

I ran forwards, feeling my energy surging, my adrenaline pumping. This woman had tried to kill my friends, had hurt innocent people, and had the nerve to try to go head to head with the avengers for nothing but self gain. I was not going to let any of that slide.

I hit her in the face with my left arm, my wooden spikes colliding with her skin. They barely looked like they scratched her. I hit her again with my other arm, the fire doing more damage, burning blisters into her neck.

She twisted her hands and I felt my brain squeezing, my eyes ready to pop out of their sockets. A knife in my hand, I pushed her to ground, plunging it into the bullet hole I'd made hours before. Her hand slammed into my chest, throwing me off her, but I was on my feet in a seconds, wiping the blood from my cheek, running at her again. I heard yelling begin around me but I didn't have time to look around. I knew that the other avengers would be dealing with her men. I blasted fireball after fireball, but somehow she deflected, and threw me off balance, pushing me to the ground. She pulled the knife from her shoulder, the blood dripping onto my face, and pressed it into my side. I howled and blasted her off me, fire radiating from my hands.

I scrambled to my feet and pulled my arms upwards. Thick vines erupted from the ground, wrapping themselves around her, pulling her into the concrete. I pressed my knee onto her chest, my hands around her throat, feeling the flames writhe around her head.

I was going to kill her. Oh my god. I was going to kill her.

"But you can't do it, can you?" She hissed.

"Shut up!" I screamed, and punched her in the face, my hand becoming wood and bark as I did so. I punched her again, one hand still squeezed around her throat.

"You're just like 232. You've never killed anyone. Don't you want to know what it feels like to watch the life drain out of someone, and know it was you who took that from them?" She whispered, eyes bright. Was she enjoying this?

"I don't want to." I snarled. "But I will. If that's what it takes."

"I expected so much more Omen. So much more." She lay her head onto the pavement, almost at ease.

"You don't even know what I can do." I hissed.

"And neither do you. Do you really think Loki could give you all of this? That you could just develop more powers without meaning to?" I let go of her throat, straddling her, moving my fingers in a wrapping motion, desperately trying to force my vines around her neck. I knew I couldn't do this with my bare hands.

"You don't know what you're talking about." I panted.

"I know more about you than you do. If you ever want to know who you truly are Omen, you know where to find me." And with that she vanished from under me.

My knees hit the road where her chest had been. I looked around wildly, but there was no sign of her. Could she do that the entire time? Was that how nobody had been able to find her?

I staggered up, hands around the knife in my side. I knew better than to pull it out.

"Roara!" Loki was beside me. I put one hand around his neck and pulled him down to my eye level.

"Who am I?"

"What do you mean?"

"She said I didn't know who I am, so who the hell am I?" I asked, searching his eyes for the answer. But I felt in my heart he knew as much as I did.

I let my fingers slip, leaving a bloody handprint on his throat. He put one hand under my legs, the other under my back and ran with me in his arms.

"What the hell happened?" I heard Tony ask.

"I got stabbed metal face." I groaned as I was placed onto the ground. "I feel like that's pretty obvious."

"You really have to stop bleeding out on us." Steve muttered, inspecting the wound.

Alina was by my side as well now, examining the damage. She looked at me. "I'm weak, I don't know how much I can do."

I looked her up and down. "I believe in you. It's not as deep as it could be."

She scrunched her face up in disbelief. "Sure." She held her hands out in front of her, her eyes rolling back in their sockets. After a moment she came back to reality. "You're right. It missed all the major organs, you're very lucky. I'm going to pull it out now, please don't scream or you'll mess up my concentration."

I grabbed the hand closest to me, Loki's hand, and squeezed it tightly. I looked into his face to steady myself as I felt Ali's hand next to my wound. I bit my lip, trying my best to stay silent. Loki squeezed my hand tighter, obviously seeing something I couldn't. And then I really did want to scream. The knife came out easily but the pain was just as bad as when it had gone in. My knuckles were turning white, my eyes darting around Loki's face, doing my best to stay calm.

"Easy now Roara." Steve looked from Ali to me. "Not long now."

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blast your face." I moaned, feeling my body begin to repair itself at an incredible speed. It was like having someone plunge their hand into you and press against the skin from the inside.

"Because I have a really nice face?" Steve tried.

"Not." I breathed hard. "Good enough."

"Done." Alina announced. I looked down at my side. It felt like it was burning. The scar wasn't pretty, but it was healed. I lay back, exhausted.

"Who is this girl?" Someone said, their face hovering over mine. He was wearing red goggles, so I couldn't see his eyes, but damn did he look good anyway. I really had to stop thinking about flirting with all of these men, it was not going to be good for team relations.

"Sam play nice." Steve warned. "She just saved our asses."

"For the second time!" Barton added from somewhere I couldn't see.

"This." Tony announced. "Is Roara Woodson. And she's the one who's going to stop the Ascendency."