83 - Let's Play Dodgeball

ALINA

"We have eyes on the targets, over." Steve said into a radio beside me. 

"Roger that." Came the crackly voice of Sam. 

I peeked out from behind the bush. They were all under a large fabric canopy, set up specially for the prison opening event. Cog and Wheel were lounging around on chairs, drinks in their hands, with some official looking men and Roderick Penny in an expensive looking suit. He was quite short in real life, with grey hair that was almost white. 

"Bucky." I hissed. "Stop moving around so much."

"I'm not doing anything." He replied from behind me.

"I can hear you moving." 

Steve sighed. "Guys, please. Don't argue. We need to do this right for Ro."

I groaned quietly. He was right. We couldn't afford to fight right now, as much as I disliked Bucky, I couldn't do that to Roara. 

I put my hand out behind me, and Steve placed the radio into my hands. While radios were very easy to interfere with we figured Wheel wouldn't be looking out for that sort of technology, but instead she'd be keeping an eye out for far more advanced technology. The radios we had wouldn't be distinguishable from the ones the security around the prison opening event would have. 

I pressed the button on my radio. "Is everyone in position? Over." 

"Everyone in position, over." Came the reply from Natasha. 

I sighed. All we could do now was wait. We needed to be able to isolate them, and not get any civilians or government members in the crossfire. 

"There!" I whispered. Cog and Wheel had walked over to one side, chatting between themselves. Anton and Alissa Albright were going down. 

"Targets have separated from group, I repeat, targets have separated, over." I clicked off and put the radio in my belt. 

I turned round to Steve. "Steve, if anything happens to me-"

"I'll look after her." He replied. "I promise."

I nodded. I looked back. The rest of the party had begun to go into the prison, led by a lady in a suit. The only person who remained was Roderick Penny, who had gone up to the couple and was now having a word with him. 

"Jesus, just go inside already!" I heard Bucky mutter from behind me.

"Fuck this." I cocked my gun. 

"Alina, no." Steve said. I heard another gun click, this one much heavier than my handgun. "Bucky, no!"

"Alina, are you ready?" He asked me, coming to crouch beside me.

"I was born ready Barnes." 

"Guys!" Steve grabbed both of our shoulders and pulled us backwards. "No. That's what got Roara captured before. We work as a team."

"Then send the order." I hissed to Steve. "It's now or never, we want them out in the open."

Steve put his shield on his back and rubbed his face. He looked up at the three people in the wide space in front of us. They were beginning to walk towards the building.

"Fuck." Steve muttered, grabbing the radio from my belt. "Go, go, go!" He said into the radio before throwing it back to me and beginning to run forward.

I looked at Bucky who shrugged. We ran after him.

"Damn Cap," I said running next to him, "can you do anything else with that dirty mouth of yours?"