26 - Can I Stab Eagle Man Yet?

T.W mentions of suicide and r*pe.

ROARA

"So let me get this straight," Same came to sit beside me on the sofa. "You can persuade people to do things by pointing at them, you can absorb other people's powers, control plants, and manipulate fire?"

"Wanda can literally disintegrate things when she's angry." I sighed, "But yes. And apparently more, according to the blonde psychopath."

"Hey!" Loki looked up from his newspaper. "Don't talk about my brother like that."

"Are you reading the paper?" I asked.

He turned it round to show me. "I was just admiring myself." Emblazoned across the front was a photo, taken at a distance, of Loki in his horns and asgardian leathers. I was also in it, but you couldn't see my face as I was on the ground, punching Axel. It was a pretty cool photo.

"So are you fire resistant?" Sam persisted. "Because that would be seriously cool."

"You know, I'm not too inclined to test it out." I huffed.

"That sounds sensible." Vision wandered in through the floor. "I don't think it would be an advisable course of action to try and burn yourself."

"See, if Vision agrees then I'm probably on the right track." I opened my book. "Vision also shoots laser beams out of his forehead, I don't know why you're so obsessed with my abilities."

"It's because you can do so many different things." Steve remarked, seating himself across from us.

"Loki has telekinesis, can shoot short range blasts of green magic energy, teleport, recreate a replicated image of himself, shape shift, project an illusion of an entire room, make himself invisible and unheard to everyone around him and do the same for other people. Am I forgetting something?" I asked him.

"I don't get cold." He tapped a finger to his lips in thought. "Very long life, hypnosis, hard to damage, can grant other people magical abilities, levitate. Oh and I looked very sexy wielding knives."

"See!" I pointed at him. "I'm not the only one with too many powers!"

"Right but he's a God." Sam looked at Loki wearily. People were certainly taking time to warm to him.

"Actually he's an alien." I corrected. "But basically."

Loki tutted under his breath. "You're the aliens. Midgardians."

"Can we kick him out yet?" Sam stage whispered to Steve.

"No." Steve replied.

"Can I stab Eagle man yet?" Loki asked me.

"No."

"I guess neither of us will be getting what we want. What a shame." Loki went back to admiring himself.

Gingerly I lifted up my top to see the scar on my side. The skin was knotted and bumpy, with notches in the flesh. It wasn't all that pretty. Alina had done a good job in keeping me alive, I had to admit, but that didn't mean it had to look nice. "It's a good thing you let me go back to my avenger suit." I sniffed. "I suspect going into battle in a minidress and heels would have put me at a disadvantage." I traced my fingers over the scar and shuddered. Sometimes I had to remind myself how I'd got into this point in the first place.

"Hey don't stress over that." Sam told me. "We've all got our marks."

I pulled my top down. "Yeah. I just don't tend to get scarred by things."