40 - And I Felt Fireworks

OKAY YALL IT'S HAPPENING, STAY CALM, THE ANGST, THE FLUFF, THE SPICE, IT'S ALL HERE! PLEASE DON'T PASS OUT AFTER READING THIS CHAPTER!!

ROARA

As I made my way to follow where I'd seen Loki leave the room I walked straight into Bruce.

"Roara." He grinned.

"Hey Bruce, I'm just following Loki."

He pointed in the direction I'd already been making for. "I saw him go that way."

I sighed with relief. "Thank you. I thought as much but it's nice for it to be confirmed."

"Hey, I saw you dancing on that table back there, you got some moves."

I threw my head back and laughed. "Oh, they're not mine. I borrowed from Alina as we were leaving the bar. I'm trying to get to grips with mimicking skills as well as abilities."

Banner shook his head. "How's it going for?"

"Well," I glanced at the exit, "I can really only do physical skills, nothing intellectual, so don't worry I'm not about to steal your doctorates from you. I'm really sorry, but I don't want to lose Loki, can we chat about this later?"

He stepped aside. "Sure." He smiled and put his hands into his back pockets as I walked past him. As I jumped up the steps to the exit I pulled my heels off my feet. They were really painful, and I was saying that after being shot. I caught sight of Loki again, but he wasn't going in the direction I'd expected him to. I thought he'd be going to the roof, but instead he took a left turn which led to Tony Stark's personal penthouse.

Quietly I walked after him, watching him walk into the room and pour himself a drink from one of Tony's private collections of whiskey.

"That," I leant on the door as I watched him, my voice making him start, "is a very naughty thing to do."

"Are you drunk?" He asked me, brow furrowed.

"A bit." I walked into the room, throwing my shoes onto the sofa. "Are you stealing from Tony Stark, the man himself?"

"Well, it's not stealing. He offered it to me. Want one?" He got out another glass and poured me a drink before I could respond.

I tilted my head. "Sure he did,"

"He did!" Loki insisted, passing me my drink. "About four years ago before Hulk smashed me into the floor."

I took a drink and placed my crystal glass back onto the counter. "Loki, I really don't think that counts."

"Oh, I beg to differ." He finished his drink and placed it next to mine, before walking closer to me. "Thor had a word with me."

I groaned. "And?"

"Well not much to say really. Would you like me to apologise?"

"It's not about whether I'd like you to, it's about whether you should or not." I frowned. "It's about whether it's the right thing to do."

"I've never been guided by what the right thing to do is." He reminded me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and let out a low moan in frustration. "Why can't you just... try to be a good person for once?"

"I did. And look where it got me." He spread his arms wide. "Landed me in an Asgardian prison."

"I don't think trying to take over Midgard-"

"I meant trying to give you powers, trying to give you ways to protect yourself when I wasn't there."

I opened my mouth to speak but shut it again, taking in his words. "Okay," I held up a finger, trying to gather my thoughts, "first of all I don't need you to protect me, I never have. Second of all, what the fuck?"