37 - No Can Do Hunky

ROARA

"Roara, I want you on your best behaviour tonight." Tony looked at me from over his laptop. "No more water pranks."

I sighed and finished my cereal. "But they're so fun."

"No." Bucky said coming in, soaking wet. "They're not."

Alina tried not to laugh as Steve stomped in after him, also dripping with water.

"Roara!" Thor shouted from down. 

"Looks like I've got to run!" I said. 

"You better run fast." Bucky said, rolling his sleeves up. 

"Shit." I ducked under him and ran down the hall, hearing three sets of footsteps behind me.

"She got you too?" I heard Steve ask Thor.

"What does it look like?" He replied from behind me. I skidded round a corner and kept running, dodging past Pepper as she walked by with a stack of files in her arms. "Sorry!" I shouted and kept going down the hall.

I heard the footsteps catching up to me. 

"What are we running from?" I heard from beside me. I glanced over and saw Loki keeping up with my pace.

"Oh I may have pulled a couple of water pranks on the boys."

"ROARA!" Bucky shouted.

"That's my girl." Loki said as we ran into an open room and slammed the door shut behind us, pressing our backs against it, panting.

"Thor didn't sound happy." I giggled.

"Hey guys." I looked up. Peter was on his phone, hanging from the ceiling. "What you doing?"

"Running from Thor." I replied.

"Oh cool." He jumped down.

"And Bucky." I continued. "And Steve."

"Was it a water trick?" Peter asked.

"Sure was." We high-fived as Loki rolled his eyes. I snorted at Loki's expression and jabbed him in the ribs.

Peter had been the first one to really accept my new appearance, completely taking it in his stride. Of course he'd done a double take when he'd noticed my white eye and all the swirling patterns on my skin, but he'd mostly been impressed that I'd been able to make a spider-web out of a combination of water and vines. On the other hand, I'd caught Loki staring at me strangely every so often and it had made me quite... self conscious. The four colours along the left side of my body (green, blue, red, and yellow) all merged together around my eye, and the swirling pattern was raised on my skin like a new tattoo. 

The door thumped behind our backs. Peter came to join us and push back against the three men trying to get in.

"Roara open this door!" Steve shouted.

"No can do hunky." I called back.

"That's it." I heard Thor say. The three of us looked at each other and dived for cover. The door burst open, to reveal Thor, hammer in hand. Bucky strode in behind him and looked around, spotting me instantly and making for me. I squealed as he grabbed me, hauling me up and throwing me onto his back. 

"Loki!" I shouted as Bucky walked away, his metal arm keeping a tight grip on my squirming body. "Help me!"

"Sorry Roara," Loki shrugged, "not my fight."

"You're an ass!" I yelled as Bucky left the room.

"And you love me for it!" Loki called back.

"We," Bucky adjusted my position on his shoulder, "are going to have a chat about this evening."