100 - It Always Has Been You

ROARA

I pushed open the door to the bedroom.

"You do what I asked?" Simon said, coming towards me. The sun was just rising out of the window behind him as he blocked the light streaming through with his tall frame. I looked at myself in the mirror. The pale scars across my face and my single white eye. There were so many things I'd never thought to question before. 

I shrugged. "She's dead." I walked over to the wardrobe and started getting changed. "I'm going out. I'll get a guard to bring you the body."

"Out? Where?" I could feel his presence looming over me like a spider watching a fly it had caught, waiting for the right moment to crawl over the web and start spinning it's thread around the insect's body.

I pulled on a bra and threw a T-shirt over it, grabbing a pair of jeans. "I wanted some fresh air."

"We have a balcony for that baby, you know it's too dangerous to go out." Don't let him in. Do not let him in. Why would I want to go out? I had everything I wanted right here. Do not let him infect you. 

"A walk outside would do me good." I said over my shoulder as I buttoned the jeans at my waist. "I've barely got to see Hong Kong."

"Why this sudden interest?" He asked, his voice turning gruff and suspicious.

I sat down to pull on my trainers and zip up my hoodie. "No reason really, just thought it would be nice."

He crouched down next to me. "Nice?" 

Don't let him in. Don't let him in. Don't do it. I could feel how heavy the necklace was on my chest and I thanked the Lord he hadn't noticed it. The sword was just in front of me. 

"Why didn't you bring me the body Roara? What are you hiding?" 

"Nothing I-" He grabbed my throat and pushed me into the wall.

"Tell me Roara." He growled. "What's going on with you?"

The door swung open. 

"Get your disgusting rodent claws off her." Alina snarled. She was dressed head to toe in silver and orange metal, her arms forward, the circles incased in the palms of her suit glowing golden.

The single second of distraction was all I needed. I grabbed my sword and wrenched it out of it's sheath. "One move and I'll strike you down." I whispered, the blade hovering next to his chest. With my free hand I buckled the sheath onto my belt and began to inch forwards. 

"Wow." He stood up and I followed, my arm never moving from his heart. "You really did it, didn't you Stark? Incredible. Want a round of applause?"

"Might be nice." She shrugged. "I did put a lot of effort into getting her back."

"But she's not really back, is she." He beamed at us. "Because I've still got her locked away in the back of her own head, where she'll never be able to free herself."

"Jesus christ." Alina moaned, scratching the back of her short hair. "I keep telling you people, stop underestimating me and my friends, it's going to get you killed!" A beam shot from her right palm, moving so fast Simon didn't have time to react, and it hit him square in the shoulder. 

"I can take her back you know." He sneered. "I've already started." He looked at me, his hand gripping to where the beam had burnt through his skin. "Can't you feel me?"

No. I couldn't. For the first time in a very long time I felt free. "Your hold on me is weakening." I spat. 

"Is it?"