51 - This Warms My Cold Lesbian Heart

ROARA

"Remind me." I said to Nat as we stalked down 5th avenue, away from the Avengers tower. "Where are we going again?"

"I tracked the broadcast as soon as it was sent out." She replied, showing me a device with a map on it. "They did a very good job of covering up where it was sent from, but not quite good enough."

"They underestimated two of the world's best agents who are against them." Clint added. "And forgot that I wasn't going to let my niece go without a fight." Clint's face was a picture of rage and determination. 

"But won't it draw attention?" Bruce asked, trying to catch up. "You know with half of the Avengers walking down the street."

"And we're bringing half the wildlife of New York with us." Peter muttered.

"This is barely even a taste." Fiona huffed, eyes glancing to her furry and feathered entourage. 

I shuddered. "I really don't want a mouthful then." I was really not a fan of rodents, and there seemed to be a lot of them with Fiona. I'd never liked them, even as a girl. I'd come from a time where the plague was much less a historical event and more an unwelcome and unplanned for visitor. 1665 was a bad year. Lots of people died from the plague, and while I'd never been fond of rats anyway it made me truly terrified of them. Diseases spread fast back then, no decent sewage system, water was contaminated. Especially in big cities like London everyone was living on top of one another. Rats, while clean themselves, spread diseases that they had an immunity to; making people sick. And when you could never get anything properly clean, and when there was always a way in to the house, rats were never hard to find. 

"Honestly I think Thor is the most obvious of all of us." Loki said calmly, looking his brother up and down. "Besides, I don't really think you can talk about what you would or wouldn't have in your mouth Roara." He didn't even look at me as he said it. I wanted to punch him so bad that a nearby water pipe burst in the street. I kept forgetting that I had so many aspects of my power now that when I got emotional I kept startling myself. 

"What about the child?" Thor asked to break the silence in the aftermath of the watery explosion, gesturing with his hammer to Peter. "He's in red."

"So are you." I replied more calmly now. "And you're about twice his size. Also the only people watching us are the press in the helicopters and with their drones. Oh and any Ascendency spies."

"Can we please stop calling me a child?" Peter asked, his voice not quite a whine but very close to one.

"Natasha," Bruce took her arm gently. "Please. I don't think Fiona should be here." We all stopped as they did, their eyes locking in a stale mate. 

Wanda walked up to him, standing in front of him so as to make him look at her instead of Nat. "Bruce, while you may care, it is none of your business what your niece does, she has her own free will to choose. She's handled a lot of situations on her own already. You need to give her more credit."

Bruce looked at Nat pleadingly. Nat just shrugged and said, "I was younger than her when I started. She looks as though she's got a head on her shoulders."

"Thank you Wanda, and Miss Romanoff." Fiona said from behind us. "Wanda would have snuck me out anyway, so you might as well deal with it."

"You should be at school!" Bruce ran a hand through his hair, "You're not an avenger, you have no training, this is not where you're meant to be."

Fiona threw a hand through the air in an arcing motion and together all her animals squealed, called, and cried out for just a moment before silence filled the air once more. It was deafening. The sound came not only from the animals and birds directly around Fiona, but from all across the city, from every tree and dumpster and rooftop. The streets were deserted with the emergency lockdown imposed on NYC while the Ascendency was being dealt with, and I was very glad of it. Otherwise we'd have a lot of people staring, and a lot of people with noise complaints.