59 - You're Intolerable

ROARA

I was leant over him cleaning his face when he opened his eyes. They took a second to focus but once they did they were locked onto my face.

"Roara?" Loki asked, his voice barely audible.

I beamed, eyes filling with tears of utter relief. I dropped the rag of material back into the small bowl of water, my hand cupping his cheek. "It's me." I whispered. 

"Where are we?" He asked, trying to rise.

"No, no getting up." I gently pressed his shoulders back down. "I don't quite know. I teleported us, borrowed your power while you were unconscious, the building fell down and it was the only way to get us both out." I quickly wiped my tears away and sat back, looking him up and down. "How do you feel?"

"Fine, apart from my leg and my head." He replied, very much awake now.

"Good." I said and punched him hard in the shoulder. 

"Ow!" He rubbed his shoulder. "What in the almighty was that for?"

"NEVER, and I mean NEVER, do that to me again! Do you understand? Never!" My eyes were filling with tears again and I angrily wiped them away. "If you ever die on me I will kill you."

"You can't kill me if I'm already dead Roara." He countered sarcastically.

I punched him again. "Then I will bring you back to life and then kill you. And then I'll have to drag you out of the halls of Valhalla because I'd just killed you, and that's way too much work for me to do, so you better never ever bleed out on me ever again."

He groaned and rolled his eyes. "I will try not to, but I don't think it's entirely in my control, even if I am a god."

"You're not a god you're a fucking idiot." I huffed. "Also a thank you for saving your sorry life would be good."

"Thank you? I'm very grateful to be alive?" He tried, not sounding all that thankful.

I crossed my arms. "That'll do." And then I burst into tears, sobbing so hard my entire body was shaking. I covered my face with my arms and sank my head into my knees.

I felt a hand gently caress my back as I cried. Shakily I pulled my hands away from my face, tears still flowing down my cheeks, and looked at him. Just for a second I thought, I could kiss him. I could lean over and press my lips to his and feel his hand in my hair...

"Roara, I-" He began.

Instead I flung myself into his chest, hugging him hard. He wrapped his strong arms around me, holding me to him. He smelled of pinewood and lavender, just like he always had. 

"I'm sorry about your hair." I murmured into his chest. "I had to cut it off to check your head."

"I'll grow it back." He promised. 

I pulled away, rubbing furiously at my eyes. "Ugh, stupid teleporting and your stupid leg." 

"My leg?" He asked, looking down. "Oh. My leg. Well that's useful."

"I had to cauterise it, I don't think I did a good job." I mumbled.

"I'm a shape-shifter, I don't get scars." He reminded me.

"I know." I sighed and leant back on my hands.

"What happened to your face?" He asked, hand reaching out to touch it.

I batted his fingers away. "It hurts don't prod me. I fell over. Twice."

"You've got blood everywhere."