Chapter 7

I went back to the market, frantically searching for the piece on the trail I took. I looked everywhere, but to no avail. Did someone take it? Did they throw it away? How am I going to find them? I tried asking the stall managers if they picked it or saw someone take it. But it wasn't getting me anywhere. All they did is shook their heads; no one saw anything.

I searched for my precious gift for 2 hours; it was getting late. The rush on the street was disappearing. The night was getting quieter as I sat there crying on the side of the footpath. Why does the universe like to play games with me so much. Now it took the last memory of Eric from me. Why could it not just give me a fucking break! I was so fucking sick and tired of its bullshit. A hand came on my shoulder; I looked up to see an aged man, around 65 he must be, by the looks of the wrinkles on his face.

"Trouble, child?" He asks me with a soft smile.

I shake my head, sniffling. I use my jumper's sleeves to make sweater paws to wipe my nose.

"I lost my locket. Have you seen it anywhere?" I ask him, taking out my mobile, showing him a close-up picture of me so the necklace would be visible.

"No. I'm sorry, child. It must mean so much to you to be fussing over it this much." He says. I nod in reply.

"It's okay; I'm sure you'll find it. Come back in the morning to look for it in the daylight. It's too late for you to sit here all alone like this."

"But what if it's not gone yet and someone takes it by then?"

"Someone might have already taken it. You can't put yourself in danger over what-ifs child. Go home."

I nod, getting up bowing down to say thank you to him before making my way to flag down a taxi.

My only hope now is coming back early in the morning to search for it. I don't want to lose it.

-------------
(these events are taking place on tuesday)

Jimin and Jungkook came back to visit their families during the break. The others, too, went back to their home cities hoping to spend some quality time with their own families. Both the members agreed to meet for drinks and their tradition to see who can eat more street food. Which was nothing more than justifying the amount of food they're going to devour. If they present it as a bet, the people won't judge. Or that's what their logic says.

The fellows skipped on the street, teasing each other. Happy with being surrounded by so much food. They knew they're going to have to work harder in the gym. To balance their bodies after consuming all of this fat here, but right now, they couldn't care less. It was all worth it in their eyes.

"Jungkook-ah, can you eat seven packets of ramen in one sitting by yourself?" Jimin asks, making him raise his eyebrow.

"Yah! Jiminshi. Wanna make a bet?"

Jimin backs down immediately, "No, No. Pfttt. You could fit a truck in there if you tried."

Everyone knew to avoid Jungkook's competitive side. If he gets competitive, he'll only be satisfied after destroying you.

They both laughed at Jimin's comment, not seeing where they're going. Jimin bumps into someone sending a wave of static energy in his hand. He turns around to see if they're okay, but the girl didn't stop. Shouting an apology, she went along her way.

Jimin shrugged, ready to move forward when he sees something shiny on the ground. He bends down to pick up the object.

"Do you think it's hers?" He asks Jungkook, showing him the shiny piece of jewelry.

Instead of replying, Jungkook grabs his hand, taking him out of the street and towards their car. Just as the doors to the car close, he asks, "When did you get it? It wasn't there before, right?"

Jimin has no idea what Jungkook is asking about, "What are talking about?" his eyebrows furrowed.

"The mark, Jiminie-hyung!"

Jimin freezes as he looks down at his hand, and sure enough, there it sat in all its glory, a shining star on his ring finger.

Silence fills the car as neither of them utters a word. Jimin is processing the news, lost in his thoughts, while Jungkook gives him time to do so.

After a few minutes, as the former comes to terms with the fact that he had met his soulmate just now, his mind starts running at full speed. Who could it be? How is he going to find them? Busan is a big city; he can't just go around knocking at every door asking to touch people.

As he starts to get frantic, he feels a hand on his own. He looks up at the youngest member. Even without words, the younger has made Jimin's heart calm down a little.

Jimin closes his eyes as he sighs. A breath of relief escapes his lips. Even if it's just been three years for him, seeing his older members, he didn't have much hope, which changed when Jin got his mark. What a coincidence, they both get their marks just a week apart.

His eyes open as he remembers the locket he is still holding. Could it be the girl that he just bumped in? I mean, sure, their hands did brush for a second. It's clear that the mark wasn't there before, so it must have been at the market only. And he didn't come in contact with anyone else before that.

His thoughts are interrupted by the voice coming from beside him, "Hyung? Does your mark look like Jin Hyung's to you?" he frowns, looking back at his mark. Now that he sees it, it does resemble their Hyung nim's a little.

"Should we ask him to send a picture?" he suggests. Jungkook takes his phone out to do so right away.

They text Jin, wanting to see if their suspicion was correct. They wait for a few minutes before Jin's reply comes.

(The mark looks like this just on the ring finger of the boys

(The mark looks like this just on the ring finger of the boys.)

Both the members stare at the picture and Jimin's mark, trying to see even a hint of difference but failed. The realization of both; Jin and Jimin being soulmates of the same girl sets down heavily in their hearts. What game was fate playing?

------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I've decided to post steady updates on every other day. 

Have a nice day! Borahae!

Also, JK's live yayyyyy!!!!