Chapter 42

Enjoy!

______________

Just like any other day, I was lounging on the couch. Being a couch potato, I don't think; doing anything else would have been justifiable to my vacation days. The only difference now was I am not crying over Eric. Instead, I have been trying with my soulmates to make this work. However, our relationship is going to be.

Granted, they have been busier than I would have preferred, but that's what it means to be loved by people all across the world. And to be deserving of that love, the boys work tirelessly.

We haven't had much time to spend together, but in the little snippets of their busy schedules, I got to know a little about every one of them.

For the past week, the boys have been busy with a concert they do for army. Leaving only a little time for our interactions, but we make do. They have been sweet enough to text me in between shots. And now, every time my mobile pings, I jump in excitement to see if it's them.

The other day I went on a date with Jin. Namjoon had asked me first, but he had to cancel for a work emergency. And Jin, like a robber: swept me off my feet and set up a beautiful date on the terrace since we weren't ready to roam around out in the public eye yet.

The setup was so beautiful: as if it came straight out of a movie. I have gone on stargazing dates before but never such magnificent. The mattress had a cloth covering it as a tent-like structure and decorated with yellow lights. Soft, tiny pillows; adoring the space on the bed. On both sides of the mattress rested a basket filled with fruits, chocolates, and wine.

Seeing the beautiful view, I immediately hugged Jin, and when I came down from my high, we both got settled

Seeing the beautiful view, I immediately hugged Jin, and when I came down from my high, we both got settled. And as he started serving, he apologized for not having been prepared dinner but seriously! the man had prepared all of this in less than an hour, and he still worries over dinner.

We talked about everything, from our broad viewpoints on life to the small details of our daily routines and personalities. He told me he is allergic to garlic and doesn't like it when people (mostly the boys) sit on the bed without changing out of their outside clothes. I laughed, of course. And asked him why? He merely shrugs and says it makes the bedsheet dirty. Pretty straight answer, I was hoping for some spicy back story, but there wasn't any.

He told me about the pranks and shenanigans the boys pull at each other. Teasing and annoying one another every chance they get, as I have seen by my own eyes. Their bond really is like that of brothers rather than of business partners or co-workers.

Jin said Jimin and Taehyung are mostly behind those childish, stupid pranks, his language! not mine, either with or against each other. And this was something I couldn't comprehend. Taehyung acting all dorky? I don't know if I should believe it. I mean, I have seen videos of their debut days where they pulled pranks and had laughs, but they were children back then. I can't imagine the Taehyung of now to act that way.

Granted, Taehyung and I have had the least time to spend with each other, even after our reconciliation at the dinner the other day. Sure, we had our moments, but not as much for us to know much about each other.

He said he has been working on a new song for the armies. And I would be the first person who would get to listen to it after it's finished. Me being me thought the best of it and let it be. We will have plenty of time soon.

Anyway, Jin and I had the best time. Laughing and cuddling, we didn't realize when it got two past midnight.

He escorted me to my room, and the urge to stay there with him was so strong as the pull of gravity. As if my whole being was fighting to be with him. But alas! as much as we have progressed, we haven't been to a stage where I could ask him to stay the night.

Standing in front of my doorstep, I turn to him, the words of partition on my mouth.

"I had a great time, thank you!" I smile up at him.

He shakes his head, "No, thank you for making the time worthwhile. I enjoyed your company." He smiles the prettiest, softest smile.

My heart flutters, fingers itching to cup his face and connect our lips, but I remind myself to keep the pace I set.

"Goodnight," I say instead.

He nods, moving closer. I look at him confused but hold my tongue, seeing what he wants first.

He leans in, and my breath hitches. Fuck! Is he going to kiss me now? What do I do!!! I panic within.

I stay frozen as his face continues to come closer, not knowing how to react. He halts, looking into my eyes as if searching for an answer to the question I didn't know. His face was too close. One step, and I could cover the distance between our lips so effortlessly. Suddenly, he tilts his head and kisses my cheek, just below the mole under my left eye. He mumbles his goodbye and moves away, not sparing me another glance; he quickly retreats back to his apartment, leaving me in shock.

I touch the cheek where he had just left his mark, smiling cheekily.

That night, as if the sleep didn't want to come. In a state of bliss, I was just wondering, was he as affected by this as I? He didn't even look back and disappeared back to his place. Was he used to this? He must have had many girlfriends before to be so cool about this.

Why do I care if he did anyway? I also had a boyfriend I loved.

Wait! Did he love them too? Should I be worried?

God! how the tables have turned. Merely a couple of weeks ago, I complained about their existence, and now I am acting like a jealous girlfriend. Certainly, this is the effect of the bond. How can someone acquire feelings for anyone this quickly? Right?

Sighing, I shake my head and try to block out any other overthinking thoughts, and fall into slumber.