Chapter-14

It's been two days since I fainted. Today is Thursday, and I'm still at the hospital. My mother tried asking me questions about my "soulmate" so she could find him, but I didn't have anything that would point to his identity. He was wearing a mask, and it wasn't really a moment to ask each other for names.

The headache and fever have been getting worse; even though the doctor is doing everything in his control to keep it low, it's not exactly in his hands. It has come to the point where I sleep my fever away most of the day. I'm only awake for four hours a day, in installments.

Right now is the third one of those four hours. I just ate and took my medicine, my mother who has been by my side 24/7 except for going back to the apartment to get fresh; is right now in the washroom.

The door opens, snagging my attention; I look towards it. My doctor Mr. Choi with two other people steps into the room. Both the other men look to be in their late thirties. I look toward Mr. Choi with a confusing expression.

"Miss Garcia, How are you feeling?" he asks, disregarding my confused expressions.

"Worse!" I answer simply in all truth cause what's the point.

"Well, I have something that might help you feel better," hearing his words, my eyebrows rise. "You see, these gentlemen called asking if we have a soul-sickened patient here named Selene. Of course, we couldn't disclose the information right away, so we asked them to describe you, and they did; pretty accurately on top of that. Then we asked them the reason for asking, to which in return they said that they work for your soulmate and he has been trying to find you for the past two and a half weeks. All the details matched, so we asked them to come."

At this point, I completely tuned out of the conversation Mr. Choi was trying to have with me. Contrary to his belief, his words did little to make me feel better but made my headache even worse. I didn't want to meet my soulmate. Once again the fate had cursed me. Why did I have to come here out of all the countries in the world? The country: where my soulmate lives.

I hang my head low as tears of anger and frustration start to build up in my eyes. But a voice made me lookup. It wasn't as much as the voice as the words being spoken by it.

"Thank you so much for the offer; of course, she will go with you." I look into my mother's eyes which were pleading me not to refuse.

"Go where?" I ask despite her silent pleas.

"To your soulmate, of course. You both are sick, and only proximity and touch can get you both back to health. So, I'm afraid you'll have to spend a week at your soulmate's dorm."

His words raise so many questions in my head but being a feminist, the first one to spill out from my mouth was,

"well, why can't he stay at my place if he needs me around?" I ask, crossing my hands.

The slightly taller man chuckles as he says, "I suppose you don't know who he is?"

I shake my head as I answer, " who he is doesn't matter."

"It does, Miss Garcia." he contradicts " his state right now is bad, worse than you, might I add. and he is a member of the biggest boyband in the world. If he moves into a girl's apartment: headlines will be made, and he wants to keep his private life well, private."

"well, wouldn't headlines be made if a girl spends a week in his dorm with his members?"

"Not if we're careful, No.  we will sneak you in from the back door, and the dorm is highly secured."

I sigh, " why can't he just get admitted to the hospital here?"

"This situation is something that can be handled at home, and he doesn't want his fans to worry if the news of him being hospitalized is leaked."

"Who even is this guy?" I scoff, throwing my hands out.

"The eldest member of BTS, Jin," he says.

Did..Did he just say BTS?

"What!!?!" My mouth hangs open.

He chuckles, seeing my reaction, "are you a fan?" he asks.

composing myself, I reply with a curt no. "I've just heard of them."

"Okay. Well, if everything is clear, I would like to suggest you pack; my partner here will stay here for your assistance and will bring you to the dorm, when you're done." saying that he bows down and takes his leave.

As soon as he disappears behind the door, I turn to my mother, "I won't go!" I say

"Yes!, you will," she says, marching towards me.

Standing in front of me, she says, " Sel, baby. I know it's too early for you but, we both know the consequences your decision will lead to."

"Let it be, Mama. I won't budge." I say sternly.

"But I'm not ready to lose you too, Sel. You're all I've left. Please, if not for yourself, do it for me. Get healthy. It's just for a week; then we'll see what to do after that." My mother pleads, tears threatening to come out of her eyes.

Well that's just guilt tripping.

"Okay. Okay." I say; softly as I hug her waist. I could never think of my mother to be left alone. I'll do it for her if I have to. And she's right; it's only for a week.

She steps back, brushing my hair away from my face and wiping my eyes; she says, "Well, then I'll go pack a bag for you." She kisses my forehead and moves towards the door.

Before completely vanishing behind the door, she says, "I love you, Mi Hija. Thank you." not giving me a chance to reciprocate her words; she steps forward and closes the door behind her.

-------------

Anneyong!

Have a good day/night.

Borahae! 💜