Chapter 53

Sighing, I close my laptop. Being done with the classes for today, I make my way to the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.

Last week, after the mood had lightened, I took the liberty to make dinner for the boys seeing as they were down. Not much; I merely made some Ttaekbokki with grilled pork. The boys loved it. However, I didn't get much reaction from Jungkook besides his angry eating. If I didn't know any better, I would think he was mad. I chuckle, shaking my head. At least he didn't not like it.

I thought about confronting him after dinner. However, Jungkook had other plans. He didn't linger for a second longer in the apartment after dinner, announcing he had plans with his friends; he stepped out. And I haven't been able to catch him since then. It was like he was actively avoiding on purpose.

"Aa!" I cry as I feel the hot liquid burn my skin. I try to put the pot on the counter as I back away, but as my luck would have it, it slipped and shattered- successfully ruining my clothes with its splashes. My skin hurting from the hot content.

I took a deep breath, looking up at the ceiling, trying to control my frustration.

I curse under my breath, looking at the mess, still holding my hand. I first put it underwater in the sink; and poured some water onto my shin. Once the skin calms down, I quickly clean up the mess.

Giving one last look to the now spotless kitchen, I go to the bathroom to take care of the mess that has been me.

After a quick shower, I tie a robe around myself and treat my irritated hand and shin. The latter was not hurting as much thanks to my denim jeans. As I was already dried up, I started moisturizing myself. That's when I heard the bell go off.

Quickly putting on my underwears before tying a robe again, I went out to check the door.

"Hi," I smile before opening the door ajar, inviting him in.

"Hi. I didn't know you were busy; I can come back later." He said, looking at my outfit, swallowing. I grinned.

"There's no need. I wasn't busy, just came out of the shower. Come in." He did.

"How are your classes going? Did you still talk to that Ji-Hyun guy?" He asked as he glanced at my laptop sitting on the couch, making me roll my eyes. Apparently, when I told them about Ji-Hyun, they all told me not to trust him and disclose anything about my personal life. Which I already knew. I'm not as naive as they think I am.

"Yeah, and don't worry, I haven't said anything to him about you guys." I neared him, putting a hand on his chest; I said, "You can chill out. I don't trust people easily anyway."

"Yeah, I've seen that." He said mockingly. I frowned,

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You trusted me when you didn't even know who I was." He pointed.

I took a step away from him, "That's because you told me to trust you, and for some stupid reason, my gut told me I should. And since you haven't turned out to be betraying me, it only makes me a good judge of character."

He came forward and took me in his arms again, "Is that so? What does your gut tell you about him then?" He asks, raising his eyebrows.

"It tells me that he is no danger. However, I still shouldn't trust him."

"And why is that, my love." The words rolled off his tongue smoothly. However, my heart roared at the endearment.

Putting my hands on his chest, I spoke softly, keeping my head down, "Because it is not only me I need to think of now. All of your lives are bound to mine, and my single misstep could hurt you. Your image and your career will be at stake. I don't want to be the reason for your hurt anymore; I have caused all of enough pain as it is."