Chapter-32

I don't know where I am going. I just let my feet carry me out of that place. I could not for another second have been in there, listening to taehyung.

All I wanted at this moment was to run away. Run away from my problems, my feelings. The ache I feel in my heart; that has been there for the past months.

Even if I wanted to ignore his words, Taehyung was right. I was holding onto the hope of getting back with Eric. I thought if we could keep our soulmates around as friends, we could be together, and no one would be facing the consequences of rejecting a soulmate.

Through my teary gaze, I recognize the path I was walking on; I moved towards the direction of the only place that could calm me down right now.

Ever since my and Eric's break up, everyone has told me to accept my fate and give my soulmate or, in this case, my soulmates a chance. But how could I when my heart was not ready to let go? It was still grasping onto the memories Eric and I made, Our moments of comfort, love, fights. All this seemed too hard to disregard and move on in just a matter of a couple of months.

Maybe in a year or two, I would be able to move on, make new memories but, right now is too early to do so; the wound is still fresh.

Reaching my destination, I take a seat at a bench nearby, looking up at the sky.

Taehyung thinks I will go back to Eric if he accepts me, but it's not true. Even if it's true that I still hoped to get back to him, I was hurt. Angry. Eric threw our relationship away in just a matter of seconds. I needed him when my world was lost from its axis, not as a boyfriend but as a friend. My best friend. We had been friends long before we turned into a couple. But he showed me his back that moment. He not only disrespected me and our relationship, but he disrespected our friendship.

I used to put him on such a high pedestal, but the way he cut all his connections to me that day broke me. It broke my trust. On love, on friendship.

So no, no matter how much I want him, I will not take him back just like that. He will have to face the consequences of his actions.

And the way Teahyung spoke to me, called me a dumb bitch. How dare he? He doesn't know a thing about me, and he dares to judge me.

How did UNIVERSE even deem for him, to possibly be a match for me? All he's done, this past week was give me stink eyes and glares from across the room and then lectured me right before announcing that he's my soulmate.

Seriously, how many soulmates can a girl even have? Even if I accepted them wholeheartedly, how would I have juggled between them? Just thinking about it seems like a lot of work.

Too lost in my thought, I don't register the footsteps approaching me until I hear the voice,

"Finally! there you are." Namjoon comments as he comes to sit beside me.

"what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you, what do you think?" he sasses me.

"Why? I wanted to be alone, that's why I came out here,"

"It was getting late, everyone was worried for you. So we decided to go look," he informs me.

I turn towards him, "oh yeah? they were worried? It's barely past ten."

"It's going to be midnight soon, Selene. And yes, WE were all worried."

At his comment, I check my mobile only to find it out of battery. Catching on my actions, Namjoon shows me his mobile, and sure enough, it was 11:42.

I sigh, mulling over my thoughts; I totally lost the track of time. Just then, the words he just spoke register in my brain.

"We?" I ask him,

"yeah, we were all worried, Selene. you live with us that means you are under our care, and we can't let anything bad happen to you, also the members care for you."

"How did you find me here anyway? and where are the others?"

"We split. I thought you might be here. When I'm in need to calm myself or need comfort, this is the place I go to. And after seeing you here that day, I thought it might be the same for you too. I didn't tell the others because I thought you needed time before facing them, but I couldn't let you be by yourself as well."

"If you've come here to take me back, then I won't. I'm not going back there just yet. If this is too important, Jin and Jimin told me that the apartment next to yours will be ready in a couple of days, I'll move into that directly. I am not going to live under the same roof as them again," I tell him bluntly.

I know he's their friend, and he would want the best for his brothers, but I can't do this right now. I can't face Taehyung. I didn't want so many soulmates in the first place, It's not on me.

"I didn't," Namjoon speaks.

"What?" I ask him, confused.

"I didn't come here to take you back Selene. I came here to see if you were alright. We can go back whenever you want." He clears.

"We?"

"Yes, we. I told you I can't let you be by yourself like this. And if you won't go back, where will you stay?"

"You know I have a place right? I rented an apartment not long ago,"

Namjoon nods, "So are we going to head there, or do you want to stay here a bit longer?"

"I will stay a little while longer. And Namjoon, I might be a foreigner, but I can take care of myself, you don't need to stay with me." I assure him.

While his offer was more than kind, and he's proving to be a friend for me right now, I need to be alone. Thankfully he understands as he gives me a nod, telling me it will be fine.

"But I'll need to know where you live. I swear I won't tell the boys, but I need to make sure you're okay." he counters, and I give in.

I appreciate his efforts and thoughts of course, but I need time to think. And the peace of these couple days will be all I will have. After that, I will have to face them again; all three of my soulmates, with a decision. The decision of- if I can let them in my life or will I call it quits after sealing our bond.

-----------------------
Hi guys!

The updates will be reducing to 2 times a week.  I'm busy with uni.

Borahae! 💜