Chapter 59

(Since the characters are able to understand each other, I've closed the concept of italics.)

_________________

The light resounds of the padding of my feet as I wandered to the kitchen was thundering in the quiet of the night.

It was difficult to escape Koo's arms, but the feeling of shards of glass in my throat made me roll off the bed eventually.

After our talk and clearing all the misunderstandings, I proposed to spend the night together at my place, not wanting to leave the comfort of his presence just yet, but he said he had missed his bed, and so here I am- waddling in the dead of night in their dorm.

Even though it's not my first night here, it still feels weird to sleep with any of my soulmates, knowing the others are just down the hall, alone.

Sometimes, I wish there were seven of me- to give to them all, to make sure that all of my soulmates are receiving enough attention from me, and that I am not unintentionally ignoring someone or their needs.

Who said shuffling seven soulmates is fun?

Don't take me wrong, I would do anything to be theirs, but knowing that all of them want to only shower me with love and care and don't expect anything in return brings out some guilty feelings in me. If there were enough of me, I would make sure all of them are getting more than their fair share of love and attention and cuddles but Alas!

Slowly opening the fridge, I take out a bottle and drink straight from it, not bothering with a cup. However, it turns out to be a bad idea when the sudden whisper of a voice makes me push the bottle, and the water splashes on my face and a fit of cough bubbles out of me.

"Hi."

I turn around, still coughing and squinting my eyes, recognizing the dark silhouette against the fridge light as Min Yoongi.

Wiping the water off my face with a hand, "Hi," I reply. Drinking some more water to try and calm my scratchy throat.

Avoiding my eyes, Yoongi rubs his neck, muttering a timid apology, "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you."

"It's okay. I should be better aware of my surroundings." I waver off his apology.

"Why? You're not in the enemy area. You can relax here. That's what homes are for: to let your guard down." He scowls.

I blink. Yoongi had implied such a big thing so nonchalantly as if it was a given that this is my home. Is it? My soulmates live here, sure. But can it be called my home? Isn't the apartment next door that is actually mine, my home? Or the house back in Spain where my mother lives?

"Uhm- I... okay?" I didn't know what to say. I was tongue-tied and flustered by his remark.

He nods, and the silence that follows in the room becomes so loud and awkward. I had momentarily forgotten that the fridge was still open- if not for the dim lightning coming from it, reflecting on his face, now that he has come forward from the shadows.

I could see his soft features, cute as a button nose, skin as pale as snow, hair sticking out everywhere, eyes a little puffy; maybe from the lack of sleep or because of disruption in it, and yet he looked so beautiful he could put models to shame.

The clearing of his throat makes me realize that I have been staring at him while zoning out.

I quickly divert my face to avoid letting him see the redding of my cheeks. What must he think of me, catching his brother's soulmate staring at him? He doesn't even know he's my soulmate. I can't afford him thinking of me as ill-fit.