Chapter 52

The following days went by a blur, with the cases for covid-19- a deadly virus that had taken a vice grip on the world was increasing- the world had started to shut down.

For Selene, it didn't matter much since her classes would be held on an online platform so she wouldn't miss out on anything. But she felt the impact of the world shutting out one day.

The sudden wave of panic hit her when she was in her kitchen. It felt like her heart dropped to her stomach. A pit, an ache she didn't recognize, settled within her.

The noise of the news going on the Television became background. Unheard.

She didn't know what it was. or how to stop it. She clutches the counter, trying to compose herself but failing as she slowly starts to sink down. The feeling, whatever it was, was so heavy and suffocating. It was like she had lost her path, her destination, while at the same time, she was feeling determined. Determined; to find it again or make another.

After a couple of minutes when she could breathe again, she heard-

"Due to the increasing cases and death percentage of coronavirus, cancellation of all public and large gatherings, and a complete lockdown has been imposed. The government has shut the movie theaters and canceled all the upcoming concerts-"

And suddenly, what she just felt made sense.

She rushes to get up, clumsily going about the house to find her phone in a panic. She finds it on the couch. Picking it up, she hurriedly dials a number. The phone gets left unanswered. She redials. And again, no one picks up. After trying it thrice again, she gives up.

Turning the stove off, she hurries over to the boys' apartment. Namjoon had given her the passcode after she came back. She punches the digits in, opening the door.

Inside the place, she looks if someone is home. They aren't. She thinks about going to their company, but that wouldn't be a good idea.

At last, she settles on waiting for them. She can't do much, but she can be there.

On the other side, the boys were called to an urgent meeting. Stopping their practice, everyone took a second to calm down, and with confused glances towards each other, went with the staff.

Nobody knew why there had to be a sudden meeting stopping their practice. However, that changed as soon as the boys sat foot in the meeting room.

"What's going on?" Namjoon asked their manager.

"There is no easy way to say this, but we've received news that all public gatherings, including concerts, will be canceled or postponed." Hoseok takes a deep breath.

"What? why?" Jimin asks.

"Considering the speed at which the cases of this new virus are increasing, the state is imposing lockdown." Their manager explains further.

All of them have different reactions to this news.

Jimin felt like this was it. If they couldn't perform for their Army if they could give back to them- show them how much they loved them- then what was the point? Is this how they're going to go down? He feels bile in his throat. That can't be it.

Taehyung looks at the room with his big surprised eyes. He couldn't believe what was being said. Is that real? He knew this virus was poor news- affecting so many people. And he feels a drop in his stomach; he hopes his Army will stay strong in these troubling times. He hopes they have someone who can hold them like he has his brothers.

Hoseok had never thought he might see the day that he couldn't be able to meet and perform in front of their Army so early. They had put so much into this concert- an anniversary gift for their fans. And they won't be able to show them everything they had planned.