Chapter 67

Hi darlings!
I'm sorry this chapter took so long but I had my exams.
Please enjoy!
Wc-4.4k

__________________

Selene tossed and turned in the bed as sleep continued to elude her. Even the safe embrace of Jungkook couldn't make her mind stop whirling. Out of everything that took place today, her encounter with Hobi was the one thing that stuck in her mind, playing continuously in a loop.

She couldn't understand. If Hoseok didn't like her, even went out of his way to avoid her, then why get so concerned over her tears? Why did he not want the others to know about their little chat?

Soon after she had freshened up, wiping any traces of her breakdown, the boys arrived, and by that time, everyone knew what was going on. And everyone was frantic about it. Joon told her they had spoken to the company, which advised them that it was best to remain silent in that respect. For now, atleast. Since they have no concrete proof that the guys in the pictures were BTS members since none of their faces were shown, everyone will soon forget it. It had to be the silver lining of this clusterfuck of a situation.

The boys had tried their best to comfort her instead of being upset with her. As Hobi said, even after all these months with them, she let her anxiety and past experience get in the way. It's true; if something ever went wrong because of her with Eric, he would make sure that it happened because of her and then comfort her guilty mind. The boys weren't like this- they assured her the situation was handled and that she didn't blame herself. Also, ensured her safety should any sasaeng create a problem. Even if Selene stood unrecognizable in the photos, they wouldn't put it past their capabilities to find her. Especially the crazy fans who think they have any right to them.

However, Hobi had retreated to his room and only came out in time for dinner, dressed to go out. Though, no one asked him where he was going, she supposed they already knew. And she did too. She wasn't stupid. Considering he was dressed in faded denim jeans, a baggy t-shirt covered with a denim jacket, and a bucket hat, he was certainly dressed to impress. Which meant one thing.

He was going out to meet Ji-ah. His girlfriend.

She didn't know if he was back yet or spending the night. She shouldn't care, either. But that prickly feeling in her heart was not ready to understand that. For all it knows, Hobi is her soulmate. And he belonged here- with her.

It's unfair. Selene reprimanded herself. She can't make him bow to fate and take away his choice merely because she wasn't given one.

Hoseok will be hers only if he wants to.

-----------

"Yoongi!" She gasps, trying to digest what just occurred.

She saw as he gave her a full-on gummy smile in return. Clearly satisfied with his prank.

"Ya! Yoon-ah, this was brilliant!" Jin wheezes, high-fiving the culprit.

"Glad to know I could be of assistance in your entertainment!" She seethes.

No, she wasn't 'actually' furious that her soulmate had performed one of the classic and outdated pranks on her in history. It was the fact that the prank had come from the person she would have least expected from. She had come running at his cry only to walk under the bucket full of flour. But bathing in flour and seeming like a joker might be worth it for that mega-watt gummy smile.

"Don't be mad. It wasn't really my idea. The children dared me." He explains through his grin.

I scoff, "Well, then. Where are your dongsaeng now?"

Before Yoongi could answer, Jin interrupted, "They were called in at the company."

I narrow my eyes at him, "Were you in on this too?"