Chapter 41

"Can someone please call and ask Suga Hyung if he'll be here by dinner?" Jungkook asks, too eager to eat the food after having a taste.

"Don't speak nonsense. He said he'll be here; why do you want to disturb him?" Jin says, making the younger hit his chest and thus, starting a banter.

"I am hungryyy!! And when Suga hyung gets into work, the concept of time doesn't exist for him. Just ask!!" He whines, not having the patience to savor the delicious taste of the dish again.

"If you are too eager, call and ask him yourself. I am not going to make him annoyed again after last time."

At this, Jungkook pulls out his doe eyes, shining so bright suddenly, as if on command.

Jin sighs in defeat, "You know, you take advantage of that too much."

He does his bunny smile, happy at his win.

"Alright, but I won't make the call. Let's make the only person he won't be annoyed by call him." Jungkook nods. And they both, at the same time, scream, "J-Hopeeeee!!!!"

The latter jumps at the sudden loud voice, "Yah! I am in the same room as you; Why are you shouting?"

"Hoba, call yoongi and ask him when he'll be home." Jin orders in a stern tone.

"Hyung? Did something happened?" Hoseok asks, a little worried since Jin doesn't use his hyung card much, but when he does, they all get serious.

"Yeah, I need to talk to him. Call him." Jin says and turns around, winking at Jungkook, who gives him a thumbs up at the acting.

He looks at his Hosoek hyung, fumbling to get his phone put in a hurry to make the call. He knows his Yoongi hyung wouldn't scold him either. It's just that he is too lazy to call.

Snickering at the thought of their conversation, he opens up a packet of chips Selene offered him to get his mind off dinner until it's served.

He scans the room, observing everyone as he sits on the hand of the couch beside Jin.

Jimin and Namjoon, talking among themselves as the latter says something to make the former surprised. Jimin's lips jut out, and his eyes go round.

Jin is talking to Selene and Hoseok, but the lady's mind isn't on what Jin is talking about but on something else. She nods, having no idea Jin is spewing about how he regrets the one time when Jimin asked him to bet if the Dolphins can breathe underwater and he didn't.

He follows her line of sight, only to find that her attention wasn't occupied by something but rather someone.

On the sofa across her sits Taehyung. Both the soulmates, not being able to keep their eyes off each other. Jungkook could practically see them radiating tension.

But that's when it hits him. Last he knew, they weren't really on good terms with each other, so how the sudden change? He hadn't seen them talking. And it's like a light turned on in his head; he recalls how both of them, so conveniently, disappeared at the same time.

A mischievous glint appears in his eyes, ready to tease his brother.

"V Hyung?" He calls but fails to catch the attention of his hyung as he only hums and never looks his way.

He grins as he clears his throat, ready to call him once again a little louder. "Taehyungie Hyung!" And just as he wanted, not only Taehyung looks his way but the others as well. Curious as to what made the maknae raise his voice.

"Where did you run off to before?"

He watches as Taehyung gives him a look of confusion before opening his mouth, "What?"

"You ran off to somewhere before. You don't remember?" He quirks an eyebrow: silently challenging him.

The latter furrows his brows, and then suddenly remembering, he goes, "Oh, Ahem! I went to the restroom. Why?"

"Nothing, you were just gone for quite a while. What were you doing for so long?" He questions further.

"He must have been taking a big shit," but instead of him, Jin answers, making the room burst out in laughter. Taehyung and Selene join in as well, albeit fake.

"Yeah, you caught me, Hyung." He chuckles nervously.

"There is no reason to be ashamed of that Taehyung-ah. We all take shits." Jin says, making everyone snicker again.

"Oh, and Selene! Where had you run off? You took your time as well." Jungkook stirs the bowl again.

"Oh uh, I uh, went to um call, my mom, yes! But I uh, I couldn't find my mobile, so I was just looking for it." Selene stammers, continuously looking between him and Taehyung, not keeping eye contact with him. As if, if she did, she'll be caught red-handed.

"Oh? But your mobile was in the kitchen with you, no? So why would you go look for it in the bedroom?" He quirks an eyebrow at her.

"I didn't go to call my mother. I was in the bedroom when I thought to call and check on her, and thus my search began."

"And why did you go to your bedroom, exactly?" He questions with his hand on his face, fingers rubbing his chin in thought.

"Oh! Quit bothering them, Jungkook-ah. We know what you are trying to do, and we all know what happened." Namjoon speaks, not having the heart to see them more flustered.

At his statement, Selene looks down, while Taehyung stares at Selene with his boxy smile.

"Really? Is it that obvious?" Selene asks.

"No, not for the blind people. But unfortunately, we can see, and you guys have practically been leering at each other ever since you came back." Jimin says, chuckling as he elbows Taehyung.

"Who came back?" a voice calls out, making everyone's head snap in its direction.

"Argh! Finally. How long do you take!? I have been waiting for forever!" Jungkook says as he stands up, and instead of greeting Suga, he runs past him, patting him in the back and towards the kitchen. Grateful for not having to wait any longer.

"Yah! Jungkook! I'm the eldest; I will be having the first plate!" Jin calls out, running not far behind him.

"First try to keep up, old man!"