Chapter 39

Selene tastes the food from the spoon and then forwards the spoon to Jungkook, who starts jumping with mad brows after tasting it. Making Selene nervous,

"What is it? You don't like it? is it too spicy?"

"Aani aani." He retaliates.

Namjoon laughs as he shakes his head. "He always does this when he likes the food. It's his way of expressing that the food is good."

She laughs, and others don't miss this opportunity to tease the maknae.

"AArghhhh... Jkayyy..."

Jungkook hides behind Jin, hands touching his ears softly; something he does when he's shy, with his bunny smile. They all have this belief that Jin's broad shoulders can save them from anything in the world. I know, Funny. But cute.

Back to the topic at hand, The reason Taehyung's apparent turmoil, was not their smiles nor the family-like atmosphere but the fact that Selene is even friendly and smiley towards someone who is not her soulmate. That means the problem is him only. Maybe he went too far when he called her a bitch, but well, she was acting like it. And he won't let regret fill his heart. He did what he did for his best friend, and they are happy now. Trying. Because of that. He just needs to find a way to mend his relationship with her.

Taking a deep breath in, he approaches them. His heart, beating fast. The hope that maybe she will acknowledge him or just pass him a small smile was there. But well, what is the point of false hope, right? Because she didn't. As he approached, Jimin comes by his side, talking about what just took place, oblivious that he had already seen it and let it scratch at his heart.

Everyone takes a seat, curiously watching Selene cook with Jin and Jungkook helping her.

"She is making something from her culture. Gazpacho?" Jimin looks at Selene, confirming if he said it right.

"Gazpacho and Paella (Pa-yay-ah)" she teaches him and he repeats it back to Taehyung.

He nods. One thing he notices is not once during this exchange did Selene looked at him directly. She corrected Jimin with a small polite smile and went back to doing her thing. He closes his fist, trying to drink down the hurt.

The cooking goes on, Selene doing most of the work with Jin and Jungkook teasing and fighting each other in the back. These guys really do start anywhere, but what can one say? That's what makes their relationship exceptional.

Hoseok and Namjoon talk as the latter says something that makes Hobi laugh so hard; he starts clapping his hand.

"Care to share?" Selene raises an eyebrow at them. A small smile playing on her lips.

Hoseok shakes his head, making the motion of sealing his lips. All the while trying to contain his laughter. Namjoon hangs his head, also trying to hide his dimpled smile.

Meanwhile, Taehyung had to chew on the hurt and anger he was feeling. He is going to ask her tonight why she is behaving like this to him. He can not be in the dark anymore. And His patience has run out. He now just needs to find an appropriate time for it.

--------

Trying to ignore Taehyung has turned out to be a much harder task than I thought it would. His presence is big. Even when he quietly sits on the side, he attracts attention. But that is something I can't give in to.

The way I have seen it, Taehyung has had some problems with me since the start. And I am not ready to broach that subject with him yet because I fear he might reject me. I suspect nothing major will happen to me if one or two of my soulmates out of seven refuses to be with me, but still, he holds a piece of my soul. The puzzle of my heart will not be completed if even one of them refuses to be with me.

The quiet, frowny look he wears whenever he is near me is painful to watch. How bad would you feel if your presence became the reason for the frown on your soulmate's face? I don't ever want to experience this again. But the connection between our souls has been pulling my gaze towards him and even with my resistance I had sneaked a handful of looks at him whenever he wasn't looking at me. Better yet, glaring at me.

That's how it has been like with him. He gives me glares, and I try my best to ignore them in order to avoid the hurt.

I sigh softly, making up an excuse to leave the kitchen while the dish simmers. Asking Jungkook and Jin to see it doesn't get burnt.

With their nod, I make my way towards my new bedroom. The decor is all beige and white. On the shelves above my bed sits my plants, giving the room a home-y calm vibe. I take a seat on my bed, smoothening out its wrinkles. I wish someone could smooth out the wrinkles in my and Taehyung's relationship just like that.

I get up, looking for my phone. Maybe my mother could help me and give me some advice on how to approach him.

I look on and inside my bedside table but having no luck; I move onto the shelves, my closet, under the pillow, but I don't find it anywhere. Where the fuck did I put my fucking phone!

A sigh of frustration leaves my mouth. I should ask one of the guys to call on it. I never put my mobile on silent, so it should be easy to find.

I look down at my feet, carrying me out of my bedroom. God, I need to go to the salon. My toenails are in very poor shape. I huff out at my own ignorance. I never let my salon date pass.

Just as I look back up again, a hand clasps around my own, and I am suddenly being pulled into the dark hallway, opposite of where I intended of going, might I add.

The person slams me against the wall, one hand still holds my own, pressing it against the wall beside my head, and the other rests above my head.

"Wha-" my curse dies out on my tongue when I see who the culprit is.

-------------------

Hi guys!

Hope you liked the chapter!

College is not for me, dude. This shit is so draining!! 😫

I hope atleast you guys are happy.😭

Borahae! 💜