Chapter 64

Yoongi sighs when he hears a knock on his door before standing up to see who is bothering him this time. Taehyung had just gone back after trying to persuade him to do a Vlive with him. He would, but he's too busy with work.

Yoongi has been trying to get this beat right for a week, but something always seems to be missing. He doesn't know what it is or where it is, but it just doesn't fit right, and it's frustrating him now.

But when he sees who's on the other side of the door, he purses his lips, silencing any grumbling that would come out of his mouth if it was any other person.

Hoseok has been obsessively spending his time in the studio, working on his mixtape. Much like many other members. But looking at him, Yoongi worries if he gives his health much attention as his work. His Hoba has gotten thinner. Flat cheeks and dark circles are evident on his pale face.

Of course, everything going on has been taking a toll on him. He doesn't know what Hobi must be feeling or thinking; he tries not to presume. Being in tune with each other's emotions and thinking comes with spending nearly ten years with them, especially when you're as close as he is with his members. And Yoongi does understand his inner struggle in any other situation; however, he's also indirectly involved in this one.

"Hyung!" Hobi smiles brightly at him, despite the worn-out state his eyes show.

Yoongi smiles back at him, "Hoba," before turning around, failing to notice the tension leaving the latter's shoulders, and sitting in his chair, leaving the door open for Hobi to let himself in.

Only after Hoseok settles does Yoongi notice the black polythene in the former's hand.

"I thought we could eat together." He could tell Hoseok was feigning nonchalance, but he was nervous. He doesn't know why, though.

Does he think Yoongi would stop talking to him? Simply because there are some issues between him and Selene? That's absurd, really. Their bond wasn't created because of a common soulmate, and it won't end because of that, either.

"Aish, I was just going to order something. I am soo hungry." He crosses the distance between them and sits beside him on the couch. Taking out the rameon cups and other containers, "Aye, Hoba. Thank you, really."

"Yeah." Hoseok drags out, smiling, relaxing as each second passes.

He came here because he missed his members. And with everything going on at the dorm, he didn't have the courage to face them. He knows his brothers wouldn't treat him differently because of his personal choice, but somewhere he also knows that their situation affects all of them. They can't all live in this hostile environment for long. Just now, things had started to get okay at their home, and their soulmate had begun to accept them, but then this stupid universe had to go ahead and involve him. The one member who didn't want a soulmate; had given up on that concept long ago. It's not just his relationship with Ji-ah that complicates things; it's also his fear.

Sure, he wouldn't cast aside Ji-ah now that he has a soulmate. But also the fact that his soulmate is the soulmate of six other men. That in itself complicates things. However in the world, can one woman handle and carry on a relationship with seven men? There are bound to be conflicts and fights. Jealousy and discontentment are a given in this clusterfuck of a situation. His relationship with his brothers is far more crucial than having a soulmate.

But he can't face Selene yet, either. He doesn't trust himself to do something he'd regret later. The pull he was feeling and ignoring since she came into their lives is far more influential now that it has been acknowledged. The burn of the urge to seek her out became all too much for him. He had to get away from there; he could see no other option.