Chapter-17

Every cell in my brain is telling me to leave this place, but I know I can't, not unless I and Jin are all better.

The part of having two soulmates hasn't even been processed in my brain, and I know the way I just acted in the living room, when he informed me about being my soulmate was wrong. I shouldn't have been this cold towards him, but I couldn't handle it.

How could I have two soulmates and neither of them being the one I want. The anger I felt when I saw his mark nearly had me up from my chair and out the door. I know it isn't his fault that he's my soulmate, it's the universe I am mad at, but I can't open my heart to them when the place is already occupied.

As soon as I step into Jin's room with, I forgot what his name was, holding the door open for me, my eyes settle on a sleeping form. I thank the gods that he's sleeping. It'll be a hundred times easier for me if he's asleep during this. With a relieved sigh, I walk towards him and sit on his bed. Close but not close enough to be touching him in any way.

My dream of doing this quietly shatters, because as soon as my hand touches his, his eyes open, watching me like a hawk: there were no traces of the sleep he was just in. We look into each other's eyes for what felt like an eternity. I wanted to move my eyes away, but it's like I suddenly have lost control of my body.

He looks into my eyes as if searching for water in a scorching desert, drinking me in, looking into the depth of my soul. I feel his hand that I was touching turn and intertwine with mine. No words spoken; it's as if our eyes are talking their own language.

I can see the bags under his eyes, which no doubt matches mine. My hand, without order or hesitation, touches his forehead to check his temperature. As I said, I have lost all my control over my body. It's as if the past, the future, the world nothing matters right now. Nothing except us both: that is until a voice breaks us from our trance, reminding me that there indeed is a world beyond us, a past and right now, another presence in the room.

I snatch my hands back to myself and get up from the bed, looking towards the said person, I ask,

"May I know where I'll be staying at? I need to get some rest."

The tattooed guy tilts his head, confused; as to what I just said. He then goes out of the room running. I look down at Jin, who smiles softly at me. But it vanishes when he sees I'm not smiling back, and instead, a frown takes its place. No wonder trying to figure out what went wrong. And I'll tell you what did: Breaking out of the trance reminded me that my heart belongs to another person: it reminded me of Eric. It reminded me that they are the reason he isn't with me right now.

The sound of footsteps makes me move my eyes from his and towards the door. The guy comes back with another man who I suspect is the only one who speaks fluent English here. At least I won't have to converse with my soulmate- SOULMATES! I remind myself it's two now.

The man speaks, "Yes? Did you want anything? Sorry, Kookie here and the others can't speak much English. You can ask me for anything you want,"

Weird! even when I'm meeting this man for the first time, his voice seems like I've heard it before. Thinking it was somewhere online since these guys are famous singers, I brush it off.

"It's okay; I was just asking where I'll be staying. I need some rest." I reply.

"Yeah, of course. I'll show it to you, come." He beckons me and says to the guy who; I now know as Kookie to bring my bag from the living room. Cute name tho.

He takes me to a room adjacent to Jin's for proximity, I suppose. I step into the room with him. I take a look across the room as Kookie comes in with my bag. Putting the bag on the bed, he leaves the room, and I turn to the other guy.

"Sorry, what was your name again?" I ask.

"Um, Namjoon. You can call me RM if you'd like," He replies. Even this guy's name rings a bell, but I can't pinpoint from where. This is so frustrating, with a huff, I let it go.

"So, RM. Where is the washroom? Can I freshen up?" I ask, it's been a minute, and I really need to have a shower.

He shows me to the washroom and leaves. This guy has been acting weird around me more than my actual soulmates, the glances, the fidgeting, and all the neck rubs, he thinks I don't notice, but I do. I've always been observant of my surroundings.

I freshen up and change into some comfortable clothes, a pair of shorts that reach my mid-thigh and a black t-shirt, and go into my room to have some rest but instead find Jimin, my other soulmate, inside.

Seeing his face has my mood turned sour again, I raise my eyebrow towards him to ask the reason behind his presence, but he doesn't notice; instead, his eyes are glued to my face as I dry my hair with the towel. I walk further into the room, discarding the towel to the bed. I wave my hand in front of his face, breaking him out of his daze. He blinks a couple of times,

"Yes?" I ask.

"Oh, um, D-Dinner? Suga-Hyung, calling you to dinner," he asks, stuttering.

"Okay, I'm coming," I say, sending him on his way out the door.

I quickly dry my hair with the hairdryer and step out and go towards the kitchen.

I see Jin is also out from his bed and settled on the barstool. I take a seat near him, and soon enough, the other members come in, and all the seats are filled.

"hi," comes a voice from beside me: I turn my head towards Jin,

"hi," I reply with no emotion in my voice. Which, unlike Jimin, doesn't faze him.

"My name is Kim Soekjin, you can call me Jin," he says; his English is better than the others. Except for RM, of course.

"I know, I've been doing just that, Jin," I reply with the same bored tone. I thought I wouldn't have to converse with them, but when has God listened to me.

Our bowls are placed in front of us, and I see the dish I hate; is made for dinner.

"I don't like porridge," I say, with my voice, all the chatter across the table; is ceased.

"But you're sick: you have to eat healthily," Says RM.

"It's alright, I'll make something else for myself," I say, standing up from my chair, but a hand on my wrist stops me. I look towards the owner of the hand and find Jimin sitting on my other side.

"No," he says, simply looking into my eyes. I snatch my wrist out of his grip, ready to give him a piece of mind.