Chapter-29

Jimin was in his studio when Jin came to visit him asking him to be a guest on his Eat Jin today. Bickering and telling him not to mention something embarrassing, the last time Jimin appeared on Eat Jin was a year ago, that too without any prior notice.

The guys were just talking when their manager peeked into the studio,

"Oh good, you're both here," he says, fully stepping into the room.

"What is it, Hyung?" Jimin asks,

"The deal of the apartment you guys requested for Selene has been finalized. It will be ready for possession in a couple of days." Sejin informs them both.

"Wahhh! hyung! Thank you so much." Jimin says, smiling widely at Jin, who was mirroring his happiness. He knows she can't stay with them for more than a week now that she and Jin hyung are all better.

The day, Selene, came to the dorm, both the soulmates decided to buy an apartment in the same building and floor for her. They didn't want her to be a part of the headline of a scandal if she ever were to be caught with either of them. They knew introducing her to the public was inevitable, but they wanted to do it on their own terms, not under the pressure of a scandal and certainly not this early in their relationship.

After sejin left, Jin turns to Jimin, "Guess we can push the vlive for tomorrow, we should go home early today."

Informing the other members about their plans, both the boys leave for their dorm, excited to share the news with Selene. Granted, it was only an hour early than the rest of the boys, but they couldn't wait.

Entering the dorm, they found Selene on her laptop, watching something with her AirPods on. They call her but got no response. They go to stand behind her couch, trying to peek into what she was watching with such concentration and the answer had them cringing.

Jimin reaches out to shut her laptop, not wanting her to see his past self. He still didn't understand how did he have fans back then while looking like that.

Selene turns her neck towards them, a hand on her heart. Startled from the intrusion. Jimin watches her cheeks turning red at the sight of them both.

"what are you doing here?" she asks them.

"We come early. what are you doing?" Jin asks in return.

"I..um. I was bored, so I thought to watch some videos online."

"not look old videos. I show you new." Jimin says.

"Why?" she tilts her head,

"We look bad. fat," he replies. He doesn't want her to watch him chubby and fat.

"You don't!" She counters. "Anyway, was there a special reason for you guys to come back early, or you just finished your work early."

"oh, yes yes. wait. we come and tell." Jimin says before they both shuffle down the hallway to freshen up.

Showering, Jimin decides it's time for him to give back Selene's necklace now. He has held onto it quite long for her. Putting the necklace into his pocket, he heads out. He just needs to find the perfect timing for it now.

---

Both the boys settle into their seats across Selene. Silence hangs in the room. She raises an eyebrow in question,

"Alright, enough of the silence. Can one of you tell me what it is already?"

"You have to go," Jin utters, and before he has time to explain further, Selene speaks,

"Are you kicking me out?" frown crowning her face.

"Aaaniyaa~"

"No" both the boys choke out at the same time, panicked.

"Then?"

"Don't take wrong but, we buy you an apartment in this building." Jin proclaims cautiously.

"What! why? This is absurd. Why would you buy me an apartment, I already have a place."

"We know, but we can't be see with you in public," Jin tries to make her understand. One thing they figured about Selene in this week she's been here was that she's strong-headed. She will do only what she thinks is right.

It was essential for her to understand the reason behind their step.

"So? It's not like we will go out or something. You can just come to my place, or I can come here whenever we need a recharge." her words sting at their heart. They know by now that Selene has agreed to be even friends with them because they need each other and not because she wanted to.

"Selene, listen. We can not. Dispatch follow. They watch, they spread. We do not want it," Jin calmly explains to her.

"Well, I don't want that either, but I can't just let you buy me an apartment. And I just rented a place with a year's rent paid. what will happen to that!?"

Jimin knows her point isn't invalid, but still, her safety comes first, and they can ensure that if she stays near them.

"You want, you keep that place. But for your safety, you stay in this," Jin tells her, and surprisingly she nods, not arguing further. Shocked, both boys school their features.

"Good. I told Namjoon bring take-out." Jin informs them just as the bell rings.

Opening the door, Jimin is greeted with a fighting taehyung and jungkook. He sighs, taking away what he's sure is the root of the fight, placing the take-out food on the counter.

He stalks into the living room to call Selene and Jin for dinner, stumbling into the side table on the way. Jungkook, who came just in time to witness another one of Jimin's clumsy moments laughs at him, earning a curse in return.

Getting up, he brushes off the incident as if nothing happened. Not bothering to acknowledge his fall, he moves ahead to call His Hyung-nim and Selene. Quickly telling them to get their asses to the kitchen table, he goes to taehyung, calling him from his room.

"It's alright Taehyung, You can send it to me. I'll have a listen." Jimin promises his friend, taking him out to the Kitchen for dinner.

His friend wanted to do some more work on his mixtape and skip dinner, but Jimin was having none of it. He didn't want his friend to get ill, So when Tae asked him to give some feedback on his song, he immediately agreed.

Skipping down the hall with his arm around Taehyung's neck, Jimin was humming the tune of scenery, when he heard her voice.

Bolting towards it, he found a livid Selene, glaring at namjoon for some reason but as soon as she opens her mouth again, Jimin looks down at her hand, and the reason behind her fury becomes clear,

"What is this doing here?" She asks, holding her starry necklace.

------------------------------

Hi guys!

It's JK's birthday!!!!  I love that man soo soo much I will cry! 😭 ❤

Happy reading.

Borahae!💜