Chapter 38

Please remember the POV's from the boy's are in korean and from Selene's in English.  From boy's pov the italic text will be English and from Selene's Hangul and inner voice.

ENJOY!💜

----------------------------

Bouncing his leg up and down, chewing on the pen, he couldn't help but wonder what was happening across the hall. With a sigh, he slams his pen down on the table, getting up to pace around the room.

Taehyung was trying to concentrate on his music, wanting to take his mind off the fact that the other members were in Selene's new apartment, trying to help her settle in. But the thought of everyone with her enjoying, making new memories was unsettling to him. Not because he didn't want to share her or was possessive over her, but because he wasn't there with them, he won't be included in those memories.

Setting his ego aside, he finally gives in to the urge to stalk across the hall. However, voices could be heard even outside her apartment since the door wasn't locked. And Taehyung could perfectly recognize those voices and what they were saying as he approached the place.

"Hey, Is this you?" Jimin asks, most probably to Selene.

"What? Heyy! Give that back! You're not supposed to see that just yet!"

"Oh no, No. Others need to see this." Jimin says, just in time for Taehyung to watch the further occurrence from the doorway. The scene that had his steps halted and jaw clenching.

Jimin was running around the messy sitting room while Selene chased him, swearing at him while they both laughed. They looked like a normal, happy couple there, and Taehyung was happy for his friend but what had him step back and turn around to go back to his own place was not the thought of giving them privacy but the fact that this wasn't the first time he had caught Selene with his members and one of her other soulmates.

Just this morning, Selene was happily cooking together with Jin; the way her aura glowed with serenity and happiness was a rare sight to see. One he had never had the luck to see before then. Not just that, but he had also seen her talking with Namjoon at the ungodly hour of the night. Both, getting to know each other and sharing their troubles. He hadn't meant to eavesdrop but overheard that her mother was the one who convinced her to give them a chance. He was so thankful for her mother but couldn't help being jealous of their relationship. Out of all of them, Namjoon would be the one who knows Selene even just a little.

Since tomorrow she had not but glanced at him one time, let alone tried to amend their relationship. And now seeing her like this with Jimin- he understands that the problem is not about them being her soulmates anymore. It was HIM being her soulmate. Lord knows what he has done besides giving her the piece of mind that she desperately needed.

With an anxious mind and furious steps, he gets back to his room and falls into his twirling chair. Mind going over the possibilities of confronting her for the not-so-subtle ignorance of his existence. Because he had to, or he would lose his mind pondering over the why.

The only question remaining was HOW? He breaths out a sigh of annoyance. He didn't want to do anything that he would regret later. Something that would cause even a bigger rift between the two.

Taehyung gets up from the chair, running his hand through his hair. The sound of footsteps coming towards his room with a huff interrupts his brainstorming. He peeks out of his room to find out who the sound belonged to, finding his Hyung searching for something in a hurry.

"Hyung! What are you doing?" He asks, fully stepping out of his room.

"The company called; they need me in. And I just can't find my fucking will to go. All I wanted to do was sleep for a while." Yoongi says with a huff making Taehyung crack up.

Yoongi; after having woken up late in the morning, got the news of getting the day off to help Selene settle in from Jin, and needless to say, he was ecstatic. And no, not to help her. But for the bliss that he will get sleeping after having done so.

"Forget that. What are you doing here when everyone is there having fun, huh?" His Hyung asks with a pointed look.

He looks down and shakes his head. "What does it matter, hyung? If I am there or not?"

"You know it does. Everyone wants you there."

"Not her. She doesn't want me there."

"And why do you say that? Has she said something to you?" Yoongi raises an eyebrow.

He laughs, "She'll say something to me when she acknowledges my existence. That's the point, Hyung. She is acting like I don't exist. She has gone and made amends with every one of her soulmates except me. She doesn't want anything to do with me. She's got everything she would want in them anyways, the brain, the beauty, and the heart. Where would I even fit in? There is no place left."

"Don't say that. You need to give her some time. She might still be a little angry at you. Don't go jumping to conclusions." Yoongi consoles him, putting a hand on his shoulder. Taehyung nods, not believing him fully but letting the hope creep in.

"Now, let's go. Everyone is waiting." Yoongi takes his hand and leads him to her apartment.

Stopping at the door, "You go in. I'll join you guys for dinner after." Saying this, Yoongi disappears down the hall.

With a sigh, he musters up the courage to bear getting ignored by his soulmate again. Gulping down the hurt and anger, he tries to stay calm and impassive as he steps into the apartment. Not letting his steps falter. If she wants to play at this game, then he will gladly oblige. And show her who the master is. He has never been the one to break. And he never will.

But as he steps into the apartment a second time that day, the picture playing in front of him is much worse than before. And he broke.