Chapter 54

"What do you mean you'll go?" She shrieked, following me out of the elevator with furious steps.

"I mean, I'll go! You won't need to run away then." I call out to her over my shoulder, punching the code to the dorm. I was going to come here to get some stuff so I could get out of their hair again. I can't see them together anymore. I am- with my whole heart- happy for my hyungs, but I can't see her with them knowing she is my soulmate too, and I can't have her.

As soon had she touched me, my reaction was impulsive as I jumped away from her touch. I pulled my sleeve down as I closed my eyes so hard, willing to god that maybe-possibly she had ignored the mark I was trying to hide and could almost feel surfacing there. That and the electric buzz I was sure she got as well.

But to no avail.

Because she had- She looked at me with a strange expression before I reached forward and pressed the open button for the elevator. Thank god she had stopped it before it got down. I didn't want to know what she would do now that she knew it. And before she had a chance to open her mouth- I beat her to it, telling her that she didn't need to say anything, and I'll be out of her way. "Forget it ever happened," I mumbled, which resulted in this.

Once inside, I went straight to my room as she followed me. Pulling up a duffle bag, I threw some clothes and other necessary stuff in there. "What are you doing, Jungkook? I can't just forget it! And you can't either," She said in a stern voice. I shut my eyes; she already hates me!

I turned around and looked at her standing in the doorway with an emotionless face. Not a single feature of hers screamed delight or at least a little joy to find me as her soulmate. She was wearing simple blue denim jeans paired with a V-neck cream-colored sweatshirt that showed off her long slender neck and her clavicles and converse- white, a messy bun set on her head. If I weren't trying to get away from her- I definitely would be appreciating the way she looked good enough to ravish.

Remembering her statement, I muttered, "Of course, I can!" as I strode past her with my bag in hand. Just a few more steps and I would be out of this- this- whatever this situation is.

As I stepped out of the hallway, I saw our commotion had gathered an audience. Everyone except Hoseok-hyung was present, and I was a little shocked to see Yoongi-hyung be one of them. He is mainly cooped up in his studio, only coming home for short periods.

"No, you fucking can't! What will you do when you start to get ill? When your body calls out for me?" She comes behind me, getting shocked momentarily to see everyone.

Don't I know that! I huff! But I don't bother replying to her as I continue moving. I don't care about getting ill myself, but the thought of her suffering tears me up inside. For a second, I rethink- maybe I shouldn't go, perhaps it's not right. I can stay here and watch her have fun with my hyungs. Right! How could I forget; she had other mates. The hyungs will keep her safe from getting sick. They're her soulmates too. She can get energy from them. It won't matter if one of her five soulmates doesn't touch her.

Making up my mind- I turned the knob and rushed out of the dorm before my will crumbled beneath my heart. But what she said next halted him in his step.

"You know you can die from this, right?" The silence in the room after her statement was unsettling.

"Jk..." Jin mumbled, scared for even the thought of something happening to either one of them. He had practically raised Jungkook since his debut days.

I turn around, maybe she was afraid I'd let her die too. How could she have thought that? There is nothing I wouldn't do where she was in question. But to give her some peace of mind, I marched towards her and gave her a quick kiss on her lips, which lasted not more than a couple of seconds before I backed away from her; picking my bag back up, I threw a quick glance to her saying, "Now you won't," and left them all standing.